PDA

View Full Version : annoying video problem

zeos386sx
08-05-05, 03:05 PM
first sorry if this is a repost, but i have no idea what keywords to search with.

i have a xfx dual dvi card and there is some "feature" i think that the nvidia driver added, and that i hate. every time i right click on a video file the screen flickers and the new hardware connected sound plays, and there is a "Play On My" context menu below all the normal stuff. how do i disable this? i have already tried removing the play on my tv extension reg key with no luck.

http://www3.baylor.edu/~Jake_Pennell/nonsense.jpg

adrichardson
08-06-05, 06:15 AM
What dirver are you running? Were you getting the problem before you changed drivers? (Also, what card is this with?)

j0j081
08-07-05, 06:19 AM
You can remove that desktop context menu option in the nvidia control panel under tools. it should work.

zeos386sx
08-07-05, 09:29 PM
its a xfx 660gt 128mb agp, i already disabled the context menu in the nvida settings long before i noticed this, i deleted the "play on my tv" registry key. the drivers are 77.72; these are the only drivers i have installed. i really dont care about the context menu, the biggest annoyance comes when i right click on a video file the screen flickers and the new hardware connected sound plays. its almost like windows wants one monitor driver and nvidia wants a different one, cause in the nvidia control panel it reports the monitor as analog device while windows has a different driver.