PDA

View Full Version : The future of PC gaming...

DoomUK
08-07-05, 07:30 PM
My apologies if this has already been discussed here, but while browsing www.doom3world.com I just found this:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4735603.stm

Basically, someone hacked GTA: San Andreas and 'unlocked' some sex mini-games. Because of this stunt, the future of PC game modification might be looking bleak.

Worst case scenario: If they put an outright ban on all modding (including the simplest 'box map' for your favourite FPS), where the hell will that leave the industry? Where do they think a good deal of future game designers learn the tools of the trade?...

Mr. Hunt
08-07-05, 07:33 PM
1.) I really doubt they will succeed in banning mods.
2.) They don't care where quite a few game designers learn... they would probably prefer no games at all since they are all EVIL!@#

Zelda_fan
08-07-05, 08:24 PM
They won't ban all mods. Rockstar is just useing the mod community as a scapegoat to avoid further penalty.

Banko
08-07-05, 08:41 PM
Sry but it has to be done in this case, welcome to last month!

CaptNKILL
08-07-05, 09:01 PM
Sry but it has to be done in this case, welcome to last month!
Yeah really, hasnt this been allllll over the news for WEEKS? Hell, my mom knew about this without me telling her :p

killahsin
08-08-05, 12:49 AM
The problem i see with going after develoeprs for mods is as such. any game can be reverse engineered and features can be added to any game, with or without modding capabilities. So locking out modders isn't going to stop mods from coming out. and in fact if lawyers try to force developers to lock out mods, you can be sure that more and more modders will do sex styled mods for any game they lock them out of, in spite. then what are lawyers going to do? Make it illegal to modify games? Regulate game design? I mean its all rediculous and at some point this nonsense has to stop

j0j081
08-08-05, 02:01 PM
Yeah really, hasnt this been allllll over the news for WEEKS? Hell, my mom knew about this without me telling her :p
he must not read the news much...or watch tv, have friends, etc.