PDA

View Full Version : Worst game you ever played?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Namrok
08-08-05, 01:11 PM
Without a question in my mind, Nexagon Deathmatch. Here is the pitch:

"Nexagon: Deathmatch takes you into a brave new world of combat for the ultimate prize -- freedom!Faced with a growing prison problem, the TV networks of the future came up with an interesting concept -- take convicted criminals, transfer their consciousness into a machine called a Nexus, and have them fight each other for the right to be free!
Enter The Pit -- a special arena rigged with weapons, power-ups and traps -- and do battle in unique strategy/battle action
Fight your way up the ranks as you face 3 divisions of enemy contenders -- the more fights you win, the more popular you get
As you gain victories & popularity, you'll earn more credits and control over advertising revenues
See if you can fight your way to the top and earn a match in the Nexagon, where the final prize is sweet freedom!"

Now for some reason when I "acquired" this game I was expecting a Dungeon Keeper in the future type game. First thing I did was try to play it over the lan with a buddy of mine. What happened next was just... wow.

We start playing, he chooses a faction which is all melee mutant bruiser type people. I went with the ranged firearm type faction. So he's got these huge golems, I have tanks, he has a few fast guys with knives, I have a few shotgun people. I set up a blockade with my tanks laying down fire blowing up a wall, which my shotgunners will charge through once it's big enough. This was to work around the terrible pathfinding.

If a passageway is one block wide, and a unit is standing in that block for even a split second, the units behind him try to find another way around. Nevermind that they will all make it through if they just KEEP MOVING, no, everyone behind the first guy will turn around and scatter in random directions. So basically you have to move one person at a time. And even then, success is not gauranteed.

Meanwhile my bud is stewing over the fact that if he sends any of his guys through the hole I've opened up, they get wasted. I tell my tanks to stop shooting, and I send a shotgunner through and... my tanks waste him. But I told them to stop shooting? Apparently they spotted an enemy and fired... through my own guy... Great. Then one of my tanks seemingly just shot the ground in the front of him, blowing himself up.

Then my buddy decided to send his guys through the gap I opened up. Then the first guy hit the hole...and the rest scattered because the way through was closed for a split second...and ran into traps he had set for me if I tried to go around. After we were completely unsuccessful in killing anyone but ourself for about an hour due to terrible controls, seemingly suicidal AI, and just ****ty gameplay mechanics, we gave up.

I'm just glad I didn't pay for that POS. I tell ya, if I could actually return PC games which sucked, I'd take more chances with some of them.

Aphot
08-08-05, 01:12 PM
Sims 2, and all the other sims games.

|MaguS|
08-08-05, 01:19 PM
Diakatana, nothing like killing Robotic Frogs.

SH64
08-08-05, 01:26 PM
Turok Evo .. what a waste of money :(

ENU291
08-08-05, 01:40 PM
Dungeon Siege 2 demo! :thumbdwn:

Ninjaman09
08-08-05, 02:11 PM
Stole mine. :p

Tygerwoody
08-08-05, 02:11 PM
Dungeon Siege 2 demo.... you took the words out of my mouth... That game totally sucked. Worst RPG i've ever played...

aaahhh52
08-08-05, 02:12 PM
Operation flashpoint

Bad_Boy
08-08-05, 02:16 PM
halo 1 and 2

joking joking ;)
probably that kiddie spiderman for the pc when the console's had the "good" version.

Zurble
08-08-05, 02:40 PM
naaahhh....flashpoint was excellent

killahsin
08-08-05, 02:46 PM
Pariah was pretty horrible in my eyes. X2 wolverines revenge was a good game but the camera system made it pretty horrible.

Superfly
08-08-05, 03:28 PM
Evolva:

play the demo - experience the total gayness of it all.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/evolva/downloads/

|MaguS|
08-08-05, 03:33 PM
Evolver

Never heard of that game, Did you mean Evolva (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/evolva/index.html?q=evolve) ?

Superfly
08-08-05, 03:33 PM
lol - yeh

BioHazZarD
08-08-05, 03:44 PM
Postal 1 & 2 complete POS.

jnd3
08-08-05, 03:51 PM
Enter the Matrix (for PC)

I couldn't sell that sucker back fast enough.

toxikneedle
08-08-05, 04:47 PM
Yea same here, Enter the Matrix was probably the worst.... but I usually don't get to play games unless I know theyre good. Probably the only game I ever got that had bad reviews is Full Spectrum Warrior.... and I loved it.

But yeah, Enter the Matrix was SOOOOOOOOO bad. I remember the part where u chase a plane or something on a car. The car's wheel models were boxes.

six_storm
08-08-05, 05:49 PM
Wow, this is a hard one. Since I work at Blockbuster (free game rentals lol), I'd have to say between Mercenaries, OutLaw Volleyball, Juiced and Star Wars ANYTHING, you'll find plenty of suckage.

Badash
08-08-05, 05:52 PM
THE SIMS! any and all SIMS games (can't even call them a "video game")
Everquest 1, I hated it, crap graphics, performance, 4hr corpse retrieval.
(I like EQ2 though)
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (buggy POS)

saturnotaku
08-08-05, 05:55 PM
From an overall gameplay standpoint, Doom 3. From a technical standpoint (bugs, stability, etc), Tribes 2.

BrianG
08-08-05, 06:00 PM
Roger that. I have never played a game that made me more pissed in the first five minutes than Diekaromero. Just awful.

RAY16
08-08-05, 06:34 PM
Breed. I wish I could erase the memories of that game.

OWA
08-08-05, 07:04 PM
OutLaw Volleyball
Man, I love Outlaw Volleyball. That's about the only game I still play on the xbox regularly and on xbox live.

I also liked Enter the Matrix (have it for the PC and the xbox) although I know there aren't many fans of it.

Edit: Oops, forgot to add to the list. It's tough since I generally like most games at least a little. I guess I was the most disappointed in just about any of the racing games for the xbox. The racing games were one of the main reasons I finally got an xbox but then I didn't really like any of them.

nutcrackr
08-08-05, 07:20 PM
Postal 1 & 2 complete POS.
Very true :)

superklye
08-08-05, 07:27 PM
Pariah
Daikatana
Trespasser

and worse than all three of those put together:
Commander Blood