PDA

View Full Version : 7800gtx graphic probs in BF2!!!

electric turd
08-08-05, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone, I have the following: a64 4000+, 2gigs corsair, audigy 2, and 1 7800gtx on a sli asus board with an antec truepower 550w. Now my problem. When I play BF2 occasionally when i'm around the grass/weeds they flicker like hell, almost like they jump from low detail to high detail and back and forth. Everything else looks great in the game but the whole grass/weed flicker/jumping is really annoying. It seems to do it the most when there are loud explosions around or gun shots. I have tried diff. drivers and I cant make it go away. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lee

anthonyl
08-08-05, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone, I have the following: a64 4000+, 2gigs corsair, audigy 2, and 1 7800gtx on a sli asus board with an antec truepower 550w. Now my problem. When I play BF2 occasionally when i'm around the grass/weeds they flicker like hell, almost like they jump from low detail to high detail and back and forth. Everything else looks great in the game but the whole grass/weed flicker/jumping is really annoying. It seems to do it the most when there are loud explosions around or gun shots. I have tried diff. drivers and I cant make it go away. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lee

Server lag ......Im almost sure of it.

Try running the game in single player and see if it does it there..

CaptNKILL
08-08-05, 09:53 PM
Thanks
Lee
The trees flicker like that when theres a helicopter nearby... to simulate the wind from the blades... but I doubt thats what your problem is. I cant say I've experienced this bug myself.

propeck
08-08-05, 11:18 PM
It seems to do it the most when there are loud explosions around or gun shots.
Lee

Have you already implemented the Audigy2 fix that's been circulating so widely since release? Copy the openal32.dll from your System32 directory to your Battlefield2 directory, backup your original BF2OpenAL.dll to some other directory altogether and rename openal32.dll to BF2OpenAL.dll.

It's just a thought, but there is a known issue with that original file.

chief barker
08-09-05, 02:59 AM
I get the same with my rig too (single 7800gtx) when i look at the grass at a certain angle. Also sometimes when i'm in a tank I fire a shell and the grass flickers for a split second.

I would'nt worry too much, I think it's a driver bug. Or the game needs a patch.

subbo
08-09-05, 03:39 PM
The grass receives dynamic light from tank shots and other flashes. The only flickering object ive seen are the white clothes line in sharqi (near the center flag with the aa gun and wall), it flashes different shades for some reason, probably cause its swinging.

softypopty
08-17-05, 10:00 PM
like jumping images ? Vsync on?