PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia scaling with LCDs?

toxikneedle
08-08-05, 10:16 PM
I heard that there's an option in nvidia drivers that will let you do scaling options and things like that. I'll need this when I'll get my new Dell 2005fpw. I don't see any options currently on my drivers. Does it appear once I hook the monitor up? Is it an option that comes up when using DVI?

P.S. I'd appreciate it if someone who knows what I'm talkin about can maybe take a screenshot or somethin so I can see the options. Thanks.

Elderblaze
08-08-05, 10:31 PM
I use same monitor and I wouldent trouble yourself with it. The monitor hardware scaling options in the OCD do a better job then the Software, but if you insist...

Under Advanced Timing.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4953/untitled5tf1.jpg

toxikneedle
08-08-05, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the pic, but from what I heard if you set scaling in the nvidia options, any game thats set to launch in 4:3 res will automatically be stretched. Which I wanna do rather than black bars... although I'll try to set a widescreen resolution for every game I'll have.

BTW,are you using DVI? From what I know there's supposed to be a tab "Digital Flat panel" that lets you adjust scaling and stuff.

Elderblaze
08-09-05, 07:30 PM
Yes I use DVI. Do you not understand what you can do with the Panels On screen display and the stretching/aspect ratio/1:1 modes it has? The video card does not need to do anything, the Monitor takes care of it all, I don't know if you just don't realize that 2005fpw can do this or what?

Regards,
Mike

subbo
08-10-05, 02:46 PM
Hey toxik ;)

The nvidia drivers are automatically set to monitor scaling under the digital flat panel tab (that appears when you use DVI), but you can choose "fixed aspect ratio scaling" which would set any resolution to 1:1 into the screen pixels, so on a wide screen panel usually bars on the side if the vertical resolution matches the screen.

Then theres "display adapter scaling" which is just bilinear stretch to full screen.

There is no option in the nvidia settings to scale while still maintaining aspect (lower than native vertical res to full height), which you have to do in the display itself.

LBJM
08-10-05, 03:48 PM
I heard that there's an option in nvidia drivers that will let you do scaling options and things like that. I'll need this when I'll get my new Dell 2005fpw. I don't see any options currently on my drivers. Does it appear once I hook the monitor up? Is it an option that comes up when using DVI?

P.S. I'd appreciate it if someone who knows what I'm talkin about can maybe take a screenshot or somethin so I can see the options. Thanks.

yes the option shows up only when your using the DVI connection. I use the analog connection on my dell 2405fpw, if I plug in the DVI and reboot the option for scaling option shows up.