PDA

View Full Version : COD 2- in game footage trailer

DEaD_IRiS
08-09-05, 03:13 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7112&type=wmv

New trailer about 6 1/2 minutes long of the Pointe du Hoc landings.

watever
08-09-05, 03:55 AM
damn that game looks fun

nutcrackr
08-09-05, 04:54 AM
Can't say I was impressed, never been into those type of games though :confused:

Brimstone7
08-09-05, 04:57 PM
I liked the first Call of Duty but was not impressed by the first round of screenshots released for the sequel. This movie definately changed my mind. However, I think the success of this game is based entirely on sequences like the one in this trailer, their pacing, and how scripted they are. A few commando missions are fun but there are just way too many games on the market that put the player vs. the world. The trailer was great in the respect that not only are there others on the battlefield, but they're also useful. Heck, the opening sequence even had an NPC drag the player off the beach! It's definately a game I'll be looking forward to and could possibly be a killer-app for the xbox368, though time will tell.

MOTĂ–RHEAD
08-10-05, 01:27 PM
I just hope the MP is as good if not better then the first one. I really loved the MP aspect of the 1st game more then any other game.

aAv7
08-10-05, 02:19 PM
Graphically the game looks dissapointing, but putting my shallow love for graphics aside, it does seem like it will PLAY well. Lots of action.....seeing things like this makes me wonder how anyone survived a real war. (Like my grandfather who is a WWII survivor)

stncttr908
08-10-05, 02:24 PM
Remember, these are actual missions. The guns actually were not there, and the Rangers had to move miles inland to take them out. It's all done with attention to detail, which I love as a WWII history buff.

myshkinbob
08-10-05, 03:04 PM
Graphically the game looks dissapointing, but putting my shallow love for graphics aside, it does seem like it will PLAY well. Lots of action.....seeing things like this makes me wonder how anyone survived a real war. (Like my grandfather who is a WWII survivor)

So, does smoking crack have any long-term ill affects? ;)

Seriously though, the graphics look awesome for COD2, even in that low-res trailer. The characters look great, so do the environments, an awful lot of detail there. The lighting also looks excellent. Compare to say BF2 or Far Cry, and this game looks pretty next gen to my eyes. The only thing that loks a bit crappy are the first person arms and weapon models, they look like the original call of duty ones, and they were bad back then too. You can't have missed the amazing looking explosions from the bombing strike called in just before the end of the trailer.

The COD/MOHAA games always delivered the most immersive SP first-person-shooter experience to date, and this looks to be even better. :)

Slyder
08-11-05, 02:22 AM
Cant wait for this one. The first CoD raised the bar for MP games imho and the SP was pure gold. CoD2 should be no exception.

I just hope the MP is as good if not better then the first one. I really loved the MP aspect of the 1st game more then any other game.

Ditto - I only hope they get PunkBuster back for CoD2. :)

Arto*
08-11-05, 12:29 PM
wow, looks great. Cant wait to get it.

Bad_Boy
08-11-05, 01:39 PM
honestly, the characters look like ET character models to me with a **** load of normal mapping. everything else looks top notch though.

Skinner-BH71
08-11-05, 04:09 PM
MOHAA´S OMAHA BEACH is better... Remember "Private Ryan"...

johnkeel105
08-11-05, 04:46 PM
Well I look foward to this as a clan leader because you gotta keep moving on. It takes a little over a year for these games to get hacked and all the glitches found out and that ruins them quickly (AKA MOH Spearhead). Gotta keep moving up!

stncttr908
08-11-05, 07:26 PM
It's not even the same type of mission. This was on Pointe-du-Hoc, overlooking the English Channel. The boys of the 2nd Ranger Battalion had to scale those cliffs under enemy fire and take out artillery so the other landing troops and ships didn't come under enemy fire.

http://www.abmc.gov/ph.htm

Arto*
08-12-05, 01:20 AM

True that, No game can beat MOHAA. The best WWII game ever made,