PDA

View Full Version : NWN graphics problem (77.72 and 77.76)

jeffz
08-09-05, 03:45 PM
hallo, i have searched information about neverwinter nights problem whit new nvidia drivers but i found nothing.
whit 71.89 all is ok, after clean install of 77.72 or 77.76 the graphics (shadows and fog) is not rendered corretly, if i rotate the visual the artifact disappear and reappear, it seems black or darker texture around long range objects and when i rotate visual the fog disappear (i can see building, street, ecc..ecc.. too far away)

i don't want reinstall 71.89 becouse i play Bf2 and this drivers too bad whit this game.

any help is very appreciated.
oh...and sorry for my bad language, i'm italian :)

my system in sign.

jeffz
08-09-05, 04:52 PM
i found disabling shiny waters the problem go away...is a bug whit new 77.72 and 76 drivers? anyone as tried 80.40 whit neverwinter?

thanks
jeff

EverGreen
08-10-05, 06:11 AM
All ready tried the NGO 77.76 driver?, its great in sharpness and less fuzzy on your screen, great rendering again.
They did a marvelous job with their mod, at least!

I was thinking that my 21" CRT was broken and that my eyes were getting worn, hehehe most of the drivers they bring out been worse in bad delivery of quality.

I re-intall neverwinter night if i got the same problems, but they gone now here on my rig, so may be an invite to do also....

ynnek
08-10-05, 12:23 PM
are you talking about occasionally, stuff that should be hidden, appears as like a dark sillouette?

I've seen this bug pop up on NWN across driver vers, and my old 9600XT... I think its an engine bug, that sometimes randomly displays stuff that should be hidden/coverd by fog with a black sillouette, once in a while.

hallo, i have searched information about neverwinter nights problem whit new nvidia drivers but i found nothing.
whit 71.89 all is ok, after clean install of 77.72 or 77.76 the graphics (shadows and fog) is not rendered corretly, if i rotate the visual the artifact disappear and reappear, it seems black or darker texture around long range objects and when i rotate visual the fog disappear (i can see building, street, ecc..ecc.. too far away)

i don't want reinstall 71.89 becouse i play Bf2 and this drivers too bad whit this game.

any help is very appreciated.
oh...and sorry for my bad language, i'm italian :)

my system in sign.

adrichardson
08-10-05, 02:55 PM
I've been playing NWN a lot recently, and the bug definitely isn't there with 77.56. For that matter, I can't recall seeing it with XG77.76 either... It might just be an engine error. Any chance you could post a screen shot?