PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Valve

Pages : [1] 2 3

Riptide
08-09-05, 11:02 PM
Their little update to Steam tonight blew up CSS for me. I can't play on secure servers any more without being disconnected. And no wisecracks about cheating, it's not just me:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323529&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Great job valve! :thumbsup:

Mr. Hunt
08-09-05, 11:06 PM
Great job Riptide... WRONG FORUM! ;)

PSYCHODAD
08-09-05, 11:15 PM
Ouch! Sounds like he was upset.

Just tried a secure server and still working for me.

SH64
08-09-05, 11:16 PM
Great job Riptide... WRONG FORUM! ;)

Lol cant blame him .. the guy is in pain & i really feel his anger but what can you say ? Steam = :screwy: (ack) :retard:
thank god i dont play CS & already finished HL2 so i dont care about these sh!ty updates that comes every once in a while & screw the users even more ..

Riptide
08-09-05, 11:27 PM
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum but I was a little unsettled at the time. As you can imagine, to an addict being without access to CS is rather disturbing. :D

At least I know it isn't my system, it's a bug in the steam update from this evening. I can at least rest easy knowing that.

PSYCHODAD
08-09-05, 11:32 PM
I'm wondering if I somehow avoided the update this evening. Never noticed any update in progress. Did get a steam message about participating in a hardware survey though.

Riptide
08-09-05, 11:41 PM
Steam updated right before I got the survey message. I think the update worked for you and this bug doesn't show up on all configs. Just quite a few. ;)

There are a bunch of threads sprouting up about it on steampowered.com

Buenamos
08-09-05, 11:43 PM
CSS sux anyways...

Riptide
08-10-05, 12:38 AM
Damnit. It updated for a 2nd time tonight and I thought it was fixed. Played for 10 minutes or so and then the problem came up again.

GamerGuyX
08-10-05, 12:40 AM
CSS sux anyways...

Not really.

GlowStick
08-10-05, 12:41 AM
Give up CSS, come to Wolf:ET!

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=2742

*sings teh et song*

kev13dd
08-10-05, 12:44 AM
Their little update to Steam tonight blew up CSS for me. I can't play on secure servers any more without being disconnected. And no wisecracks about cheating, it's not just me:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323529&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Great job valve! :thumbsup:

Careful what problems you post on the Steam forums

I posted a problem I was having connecting one night. The next morning, my Steam Forums account was banned. And lucky me having the same Steam account as my Steam Forums one, I got my Steam account banned too. All apperantly because my issues resembled an issue that hackers were recently getting. Touche for great support

K

nutcrackr
08-10-05, 12:49 AM
My cs:s works better than before ;)

Q
08-10-05, 12:55 AM
Thats some crazy crap kev13dd. I hope that you called them and gave them a piece of your mind and got your account fixed.

BioHazZarD
08-10-05, 05:14 AM
I tryied some games and they work just fine like usual.

|MaguS|
08-10-05, 07:29 AM
No issues with Steam after update...

ST:DS9
08-10-05, 08:02 AM
Well, it seems to be happening to a very small number of people. So this could have been missed by Valve easily.

Riptide
08-10-05, 08:03 AM
@Magus

What is your point?

Go to the link I pasted on the first post and you will see that just because YOU aren't having problems doesn't mean that this update didn't mess things up.

More than one thread popped up on steamforums about this last night, at least 4-5. And I saw at least one person asking about it during gameplay (non VAC server ofcourse). And the thread I linked to in the first post has now grown to 4 pages overnight.

|MaguS|
08-10-05, 08:09 AM
So? My point was I was not having any issues with the update. Just because a small number of people who own HL2 are having issues does not make it a big deal.

Riptide
08-10-05, 08:14 AM
Don't be an ass. It makes it a big deal if you are one of the people affected. And it's more than just a tiny fraction when that thread grows to 4 pages overnight and there are numerous other threads reporting the problem over there.

I already pointed out earlier in this thread that not everyone is affected by this. So what possible use does it serve to point out that you are one of the lucky ones who are unaffected?

Acid Rain
08-10-05, 08:31 AM
No issues with Steam after update...They'll get you sooner or later.

In the meanwhile, I am raising a nice, plump little crow for you. :p

Ruined
08-10-05, 09:20 AM
So? My point was I was not having any issues with the update. Just because a small number of people who own HL2 are having issues does not make it a big deal.

Remember kids, problems don't exist and further don't matter if you are not one of the people having them. :thumbdwn:

saturnotaku
08-10-05, 09:25 AM
Don't be an ass. It makes it a big deal if you are one of the people affected. And it's more than just a tiny fraction when that thread grows to 4 pages overnight and there are numerous other threads reporting the problem over there.

I already pointed out earlier in this thread that not everyone is affected by this. So what possible use does it serve to point out that you are one of the lucky ones who are unaffected?

I doubt he will be able to either see or hear you with those horse blinders on and fingers in his ears.

Rakeesh
08-10-05, 01:46 PM
I am not affected by this issue, but I feel your pain. I couldn't even play HL2 for the first 5 months that I owned it, how annoying is that?

It gets annoying when valve fanboys try to talk you down because you have offended their gods that can't do no wrong simply because you complained about a major issue.

Riptide
08-10-05, 02:00 PM
The thread I linked to has now grown to over 12 pages. There are still other threads as well dealing with the same thing over on steam forums.

This isn't just a few people. This is a lot of people having the problem right now. Maybe not the majority, but not just a tiny little percentage either.