PDA

View Full Version : moment of silence for nfl2k/espn fball as madden 2006 ships out/arrives at msrp 49.99

tristancarton
08-09-05, 11:46 PM
the sadness i felt last year when the nfl was bought out by ea sports came around full circle today. nothing worse than seeing only one nfl licensed game on the market at an msrp of 49.99. the madden vs espn fball (nfl 2k) debate has gone on since the dreamcast launched. some people liked espn fball some liked madden but what we all knew was that because of competition each game got better and more refined over the years. now we won't have that for the next five years. i only wish the nfl would see what it is doing rather than just a big dollar sign. <sigh>

anyway this is a moment of silence for a fantastic series. feel free to post your comments below. not sure why i wrote this thread other than to get some excess steam thread and to ask if anyone else is saying "why oh why". anyone else still sad about all of this?

GamerGuyX
08-10-05, 12:36 AM
and to ask if anyone else is saying "why oh why".

Why oh why? EA is a piece of **** thats why.

Although I must admit, the only thing that would be more enjoyable to me than seeing EA one day go out of business would be to see Jack Thompson get his tongue cut out.

Bad_Boy
08-10-05, 01:59 AM
i never really got into nfl2kX, its always been madden for me. not saying nfl2kX were not good, just never got into them really. i agree, its wrong for the nfl to sell out to one company, but it honestly doesnt bother me as long as i get my madden fix.

Zelda_fan
08-10-05, 05:15 AM
I'm sure the nfl dosen't care about video games. They're going to do whatever gives them more money. Pro sports is a business. As much as I hate to see business get it the way of good sports, it's just how it works.

sytaylor
08-10-05, 05:52 AM
I was always a visual concepts guy (NBKA2Kx NFL2kx...), its a shame to waste such a good engine for sure. Maybe they could do college football or something, and release less copies for the hardcore fans?

Ruined
08-10-05, 09:26 AM
i never really got into nfl2kX, its always been madden for me. not saying nfl2kX were not good, just never got into them really. i agree, its wrong for the nfl to sell out to one company, but it honestly doesnt bother me as long as i get my madden fix.

OMG IT'S EA's TARGET AUDIENCE AND AN AVERAGE PS2 USER!!!

BURNNNNN THE WITCH! :baaa::

(j/k)

Bad_Boy
08-10-05, 10:35 AM
:angel: :angel: :angel:

trust me, right now, burnout an madden are the only ea games that appeal to me.

aAv7
08-10-05, 10:37 AM
for those who care, my friend got it @ circuit city yesterday for $39.99. Not sure how long the sale goes, so get over there quick! =)

oldsk00l
08-10-05, 10:41 AM
Why oh why? EA is a piece of **** thats why.

Although I must admit, the only thing that would be more enjoyable to me than seeing EA one day go out of business would be to see Jack Thompson get his tongue cut out.

That or a televised version of Larry Probst being mutilated after a gang rape.

oldsk00l
08-10-05, 10:45 AM
:angel: :angel: :angel:

trust me, right now, burnout an madden are the only ea games that appeal to me.

That's cool and all. If EA had more dialogue and properly ran, like say, their business I'd be much more comfortable buying that stuff. Honestly, they do look pretty cool...however in my eyes EA is just as bad as a drug dealer. They are illegally running their business and ****ing their devs in the ass. Buy it, enjoy it, but you're enjoying the fruits of overworked, underpaid, and illegally manipulated people and contributing to more of it.

If you have the conscience of an asshole, then I'm sure this is no problem for you.

:thumbdwn: