PDA

View Full Version : First Half-Life 2: Aftermath trailer

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gaco
08-10-05, 04:29 AM
Well actually it's more like a teaser, kinda short but sweet :)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2aftermath/media.html?gcst=hl2aftermath_ot_pc_080905.asx&tag=gs_hp_flashtop_watch

Rakeesh
08-10-05, 04:31 AM
Hah, you have to sign up for a spam list to download it. Pfft.

EDIT: And their streaming server is sh!tty too.

GlowStick
08-10-05, 04:41 AM
Hm looks ok, however wont buy over steam!

GamerGuyX
08-10-05, 04:47 AM
Am I the only one experiencing a lot of popping in the sound of the video? Annoying the hell out of me.

Gaco
08-10-05, 05:14 AM
Hah, you have to sign up for a spam list to download it. Pfft.

EDIT: And their streaming server is sh!tty too.

What are you talking about? Why do you always have to be so freaking negative? You always sound like the world is trying to annoy you on purpose..

Anyway I didn't have any problems with streaming the video at 700k, neither did I have any sound problems...

Superfly
08-10-05, 06:27 AM
Am I the only one experiencing a lot of popping in the sound of the video? Annoying the hell out of me.

sound problems? the HL2 - source engine???

nah you must be thinking of another game ;)

lol welcome to source.

|MaguS|
08-10-05, 07:28 AM
No sound issues with the High Quality version of the video. Probably an issue with the steaming software.

I will upload the HQ version to my temp site...

EDIT: Heres the link, I will host it for today only. I don't want cheap bastards linking me all over the net and killing my sites bandwidth.
Clicky Clicky (http://www.filefarmer.com/egbtmagus/hl2aftermath.mov)

aAv7
08-10-05, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the link magus.

Ninjaman09
08-10-05, 10:50 AM
I didn't have to sign up for anything...

Anyway, looks neat Gaco, thanks for the link. :)

Sorrow
08-10-05, 11:08 AM
only noobs don't buy steam or HL2 aftermath because they're boycotting valve and a not-so-bad program.

Gaco
08-10-05, 11:09 AM
Much appreciated Magus :)

You must be Gamespot insider/subsciber or what?

Ninjaman09
08-10-05, 11:16 AM
only noobs don't buy steam or HL2 aftermath because they're boycotting valve and a not-so-bad program.
:werd:

|MaguS|
08-10-05, 11:23 AM
Much appreciated Magus :)

You must be Gamespot insider/subsciber or what?

Yeah, Im signed up to Gamespot Complete and IGN/Fileplanet Founders Club.

F_L_C
08-10-05, 12:20 PM
hl2aftermath.mov

Why does it have to be in Quicktime format? :thumbdwn:

Banko
08-10-05, 12:22 PM
hl2aftermath.mov

Google Quicktime Alternative, it will just use Media Player Classic to play all Quicktime files.

Gaco
08-10-05, 12:30 PM
I didn't get any audio skipping in the streaming 700k, but in the highres mov I experienced a great deal. Just found out it was WMP, because it ran perfectly in Media Player Classic... So don't be so quick to blame it all on Source next time *cought Superfly cought* :p :)

superklye
08-10-05, 12:53 PM
Google Quicktime Alternative, it will just use Media Player Classic to play all Quicktime files.
Aye...that thing rocks. I think they have one for Real Media as well. SOOOOO nice. :)

SH64
08-10-05, 01:01 PM
Available now on 3DGamers & in AVI format ;)
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/halflife2am/halflife2_aftermath.zip.html

Rakeesh
08-10-05, 01:35 PM
What are you talking about? Why do you always have to be so freaking negative? You always sound like the world is trying to annoy you on purpose..

Only to you. When you are a fanboy, you tend to think that.

Available now on 3DGamers & in AVI format ;)
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/halflife2am/halflife2_aftermath.zip.html

Hoo-ah Hoo-ah. Now thats what I am talking about. Nice fast 580KB/sec download too.

|MaguS|
08-10-05, 02:22 PM
hl2aftermath.mov

Because thats the format that Gamespot provides their High Quality files in since it has one of the best quality to size ratio's. Especially with QT7.

Gaco
08-10-05, 04:02 PM
Only to you. When you are a fanboy, you tend to think that.

Hoo-ah Hoo-ah. Now thats what I am talking about. Nice fast 580KB/sec download too.

No I tend to think that because in what seems like 4/5 of your posts you're saying something negative about something..

Rakeesh
08-10-05, 05:24 PM
No I tend to think that because in what seems like 4/5 of your posts you're saying something negative about something..

Or it just seems that way because I've offended your god.

kev13dd
08-10-05, 07:10 PM
"we found him"

Maybe a hero was needed a lot sooner than the G-man thought he would be

K

GamerGuyX
08-11-05, 12:41 AM

While I'm not doing any "boycotting" anytime soon I must say that Steam IS is a crappy, crappy program.

Brimstone7
08-11-05, 12:53 AM
"we found him"

Maybe a hero was needed a lot sooner than the G-man thought he would be

K

I'm not too sure about this. At the beginning of HL2 Gordon basically just teleported onto the train. Also, Gordon and Alyx were in the same spot when the Citadel collapsed so they should have wound up in the same spot in the "Aftermath." I haven't seen any footage or screenshots of Barney yet so maybe that's something to think about...