PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate stress testers

jAkUp
08-10-05, 03:00 PM
What is the best stress testers? Typically I run 2 instances of Prime95 with a few instances of toast as well.

Zerocool
08-10-05, 03:31 PM
OCCT is pretty brutal, I usally do the 30min. test and if I pass that I start Priming
http://www.ocbase.com/

Banko
08-10-05, 04:48 PM
Hrm, very nice tool!

Riptide
08-10-05, 05:23 PM
Prime95 runs my CPU hotter than any utility I have ever used so far. Folding@Home/Seti@Home are OK - but don't stress it quite as much as Prime does.

ATI Tool artifact scanner is great for video card stress testing.

uOpt
08-10-05, 08:20 PM
FreeBSD's `make world`.

That is recompiling the whole opterating system with itself. It is much more intense and find a lot more problems than just compiling a kernel.

I busted a recent overclock after I did a loop of it for 3 days straight and then compiled something else on the side (probably mozilla).

I use FreeBSD's `make world` even on Windoze machines, I have a seperate harddrive with a FreeBSD installation. If I feel the need to verify that hardware works (overclocking, new RAM etc) then sure as hell I don't want any real OS installation in the box, Winodze or otherwise. So I have that drive I just plug in and let it hammer away for a week or so.

Blacklash
08-14-05, 12:14 PM
You want to see how good your rig is fire up a game like Far Cry or Doom III with the highest possible quality|res you can do then pull all the creatures you can in an area|map down on yourself. Of course you need to be god mode to do this. Try it in a area where there are many baddies, collect them all, then kill them. If your game play stays smooth through all of this then you are set.