PDA

View Full Version : An awesome experience with nVIDIA…

Pages : [1] 2

superklye
08-11-05, 09:30 AM
So as many of you know, I recently got an EPoX 9NDA3+ nFORCE3 Ultra board and had the nVIDIA firewall installed—which gave me nothing but problems. I would lose connectivity after about 10 minutes and would have to reboot in order to get back online for another 10 minutes. I couldn’t figure out how to configure it to allow programs through, either and finally, in a huff gave up.

Well, a few nights ago, I got an email from Stephanie Schopp, a representative of nVIDIA, who saw my frustrated posts and went above and beyond the call of duty to try and help me figure out what was going on. She emailed me asking for system information including current drivers and the like in order to send to nVIDIA engineers and QA people to try and replicate the problems I was having.

She has been incredibly nice and helpful through all of this and I wanted to share with everyone here how awesome this whole experience has been.

nVIDIA is here, they are watching and they do care. :)

They’ve got a customer for life right here. :D

Riptide
08-11-05, 09:47 AM
I'm thinking someone pointed them towards the thread and they didn't discover it on their own. However it happened it's still nice to get the support ofcourse.

saturnotaku
08-11-05, 09:57 AM
That's really great to hear. Too often we hear people (especially Linux goofs) saying NVIDIA IS TEH SUXXOR CUZ DEY DUN PROVIDEZ DA DRIVERZEZ I NEEDZ TO RUNN LUNIX IN MY COMPUTAR MACHENE!!!11

NVIDIA really is under no obligation to provide support like this as they don't actually manufacture the hardware. This really is a nice, extra step they've taken.

If everything works out for you, I would invite you to write a letter to Jen-Hsun and mail it (sending USPS is a nice personal touch) to him, detailing your experience. Even in the face of 1,000 complaints, one compliment is all it takes to make one's job worthwhile. :)

LBJM
08-11-05, 03:43 PM
well under Linux the only video card of choice is Nvidia the ATI drivers are a very big joke. Most compliants towards nvidia under linux is the fact that they are slow to add features to the drivers that the windows users already have, which I will not going to detail about.

As for whether or not they should provide support that is a big yes. They design the hardware they should support it! they support issues that arise on their video cards why not on their motherboards. I like my nforce4 I also liked my nforce2 I had. To me the NF3 was more or less just a refresh to the NF2 supporting the athlon 64. I keep my motherboards a lot long then my video cards.

superklye
08-11-05, 07:14 PM
That's really great to hear. Too often we hear people (especially Linux goofs) saying NVIDIA IS TEH SUXXOR CUZ DEY DUN PROVIDEZ DA DRIVERZEZ I NEEDZ TO RUNN LUNIX IN MY COMPUTAR MACHENE!!!11

NVIDIA really is under no obligation to provide support like this as they don't actually manufacture the hardware. This really is a nice, extra step they've taken.

If everything works out for you, I would invite you to write a letter to Jen-Hsun and mail it (sending USPS is a nice personal touch) to him, detailing your experience. Even in the face of 1,000 complaints, one compliment is all it takes to make one's job worthwhile. :)
Even if we can't get the firewall fixed, I am more than impressed and pleased with the service I've received--especially because I didn't ask for it. They came to ME and wanted to help. I've never, ever heard of that before. I'm still floored by it.

Anyway...how do I go about getting Jen-Hsun's address? I'm going to send a letter regardless of the outcome. He should know exactly how awesome his company and its representatives are.

I am honestly beaming. I've never been this enthralled to own anything. The support and beyond-the-call-of-duty attitude I've received has just been amazing. I can't say enough good things about this situation. :)

Thanks Stephanie and everyone else (I know you're reading this ;))! I really appreciate it!

GamerGuyX
08-11-05, 07:23 PM
Hey I'm an attention wh0re and I love Nvidia too! http://toabase.com/uploads/smil425c8f258165f.gif

superklye
08-11-05, 07:45 PM
I'm not doing this for attention for myself. I'm doing it to bring attention to their awesome customer service and that they go way beyond what is necessary to try and make consumers happy. The world would be a MUCH better place if more companies were like nVIDIA.

jAkUp
08-11-05, 07:53 PM
Nice :) So nV is always watching....

GamerGuyX
08-11-05, 08:32 PM
I'm not doing this for attention for myself.

No I was never accusing you of such thing anyways.

superklye
08-11-05, 08:34 PM
No I was never accusing you of such thing anyways.
:wtf:

superklye
08-11-05, 10:04 PM
I'm sure they're very well aware of it, but I don't think it's as easy to fix as a software problem.

john19055
08-14-05, 07:55 PM
Where do you get the nvidia firewall at.

GamerGuyX
08-14-05, 08:04 PM

(omg)

superklye
08-14-05, 08:12 PM
It's built into the motherboard with the NX technology and has a software front as well. Unless those two things are different...

ViN86
08-14-05, 08:13 PM
well, the GUI for it is on the drivers/apps disc for nf4, but the firewall itself is hardware i believe...

crainger
08-14-05, 08:14 PM

From me

Pandora's Box
08-15-05, 09:42 AM
wow. impressive. im definately going to take this into account when i purchase my next video card.

Superfly
08-15-05, 10:59 AM
Nice :) So nV is always watching....

I know of several driver engineers that frequent the forums - also you'd be surprised how many game developers visit NvNews - just from my experience with the NVD crew - a lot of them hang out here also.

zoomy942
08-15-05, 11:08 AM
i love the nvidia firewall. superkyle, if they show you a fix for that (having to choose not-offloadable) let me know. i already use the firewall, but i'll re-enable that when i get the chance.

superklye
08-15-05, 11:31 AM
yeah, i'll definitely keep you all posted

Acid Rain
08-16-05, 12:51 AM
She has been incredibly nice and helpful through all of this and I wanted to share with everyone here how awesome this whole experience has been.

nVIDIA is here, they are watching and they do care. :)

They’ve got a customer for life right here. :DAsk if she's married :D Cool, that kicks butt, man.

It's an extreme rarity for any company to step up to this level of customer service excellence.

GamerGuyX
08-16-05, 01:41 AM
I know of several driver engineers that frequent the forums - also you'd be surprised how many game developers visit NvNews - just from my experience with the NVD crew - a lot of them hang out here also.

Yeah but they don't post here... right? :bleh:

Acid Rain
08-16-05, 02:33 AM
Yeah but they don't post here... right? :bleh:While having them post here would be cool, I believe they are not allowed to. Probably for good reason.

Bad_Boy
08-16-05, 03:13 AM
who saw my frustrated posts and went above and beyond the call of duty to try and help me figure out what was going on.

They’ve got a customer for life right here. :D
i dunno why, but your post sounds a lot like the things my friend said after he got "de-virginzed" :angel:

GamerGuyX
08-16-05, 04:02 AM
While having them post here would be cool, I believe they are not allowed to. Probably for good reason.

Man I could never do that. Just reading someone making a negative comment about my game and not being able to say anything in reply would just drive me over the edge. :banghead: