PDA

View Full Version : QuakeCon 05

Pages : [1] 2

DMA
08-11-05, 12:12 PM
Some new pics of Quake IV and ET Quake Wars released today. And a couple of ingame movies of Q4 (Cam though). :)

Q4 screens (http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/quake4/Quake+4/1/081105)

Q Wars Screens (http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/et_quakewars/Enemy+Territory:+Quake+Wars/1/081105)

Quake 4 Multiplayer Movies (http://www.gamershell.com/news/23880.html)

I bet we'll see a lot of more goodies later on. :D

BioHazZarD
08-11-05, 12:26 PM
Amazing :)

jAkUp
08-11-05, 01:03 PM
Looks like quake3! Sweet :D :D :D

msxyz
08-11-05, 01:20 PM
Polycount is still too low...

Those mountains in the second screenshot seem like they're coming straight from the original Quake...

No news about Return to castle Wolfenstein 2 yet ?

MrSavoy
08-11-05, 01:32 PM
Looks like Q3 with better graphics and physics. This what we were hoping for, so its cool by me. :)

Superfly
08-11-05, 01:41 PM
simply amazing stuff - MP looks like the sequel to Q3 that were all hoping for - seriously looks like its shaping up REALLY well.

SP shots look great again - cant wait.

|MaguS|
08-11-05, 01:51 PM
SP and QWs looks good. Was never a fan of Q3 so wont comment on it.

Superfly
08-11-05, 02:00 PM
SP and QWs looks good. Was never a fan of Q3 so wont comment on it.

I like this post - rather than putting down some flame bait BS because he was never a fan Q3 Magus has decided to not pass comment :).

More power to you sir - if only the rest of the internet could show the same maturity.

You get todays gold star!!!!! - see jakup for the star though as he stole my last one :angel:

DoomUK
08-11-05, 02:01 PM
Awesome, thanks for the links. Q4 MP reminds me so much of Q3, it's going to be incredible.

Polycount is still too low...

Those mountains in the second screenshot seem like they're coming straight from the original Quake...

I'd disagree strongly.

Superfly
08-11-05, 02:02 PM
Looks like quake3! Sweet :D :D :D

All hail the return of the greatest Deathmatch game ever created. :cool:

bring it

jAkUp
08-11-05, 02:04 PM
Hell yes. Quake3 is still to this day, my favorite multiplayer game of all time. I always preferred it over the UT series. Although the UT series kicks uber ass as well :D

|MaguS|
08-11-05, 02:05 PM
You get todays gold star!!!!! - see jakup for the star though as he stole my last one :angel:

That bastard!

Bad_Boy
08-11-05, 02:16 PM
Looks like Q3 with better graphics and physics. This what we were hoping for, so its cool by me. :)QFT :cool:

mp looks like soooooo much fun, good ol q3 :D

edit:
looking at the weapons...
gauntlet
machine gun
hyperblaster
grenade launcher
nail gun
rocket launcher
rail gun

yes yes yes yes yes....i cannot ****ing wait

Banko
08-11-05, 02:25 PM
simply amazing stuff - MP looks like the sequel to Q3 that were all hoping for - seriously looks like its shaping up REALLY well.

SP shots look great again - cant wait.
I think I'm the only one that liked Quake2's MP better. Ahh LMCTF the best multiplayer experience ever, while playing CTF-Stronghold <- Best CTF Map ever.

Hex
08-11-05, 02:31 PM
I think I'm the only one that liked Quake2's MP better. Ahh LMCTF the best multiplayer experience ever, while playing CTF-Stronghold <- Best CTF Map ever.

No, I completely agree about liking Q2's multiplayer better.

Bad_Boy
08-11-05, 02:45 PM

shhh ;)
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54922

DMA
08-11-05, 05:26 PM
New Quake 4 Trailer.
http://www.gamershell.com/download_10247.shtml

I really like this one. The sound effects in this game are awesome.

Superfly
08-11-05, 05:28 PM
cool - just downloading now. - Sp movie yeh??

DMA
08-11-05, 05:32 PM
Sp movie yeh??

Yep. And actually outdoors. :D

Superfly
08-11-05, 05:40 PM
Oh man that looks so cool - and that sound is AWESOME.

squad Ai looks good - no blocking/doing dumb things - and the enviroment looks just how i'd imagined it would back in the Q2 days.......

Nv40
08-11-05, 05:42 PM

Me too.. :)

Quake3 MP is very nice...one of my favorites games by far.. it have things that quake2 doesnt have like jumpads and prettier graphics.. but quake2 was to much fun.. incredibly awesome the gameplay..

the only game you never get tired playing again and again the same levels (q2dm1...dm8) with the same graphics.. and the mods where simply the best.. while i was a big FaN of classic deathmatch ,there were so many cools mods too.. that were awesome.
tricky jumps .rockets megajumps ,traps ,hidden rooms.. more powerfull weapons than Q3... and incredibly fast action when using a grapling hook. :)

Superfly
08-11-05, 05:45 PM
this thread needs moving to the right forum section

ralinn
08-11-05, 06:06 PM
Ooooooh, with every trailer or in-game scene, I want Q4 even more!

Good SP and mouth watering MP? What a treat :D

Love the gun models and the shotgun sounds nice a beefy!

RAY16
08-11-05, 06:24 PM
Damn it. Some MP videos with actual combat need to pop up somewhere. And Raven needs to release a damn MP demo when QuakeCon is over.

top3koms
08-11-05, 06:36 PM
Q4 Multiplayer is looking great ...Bring on that Multiplayer demo Raven :D