PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G-Series Gaming Mice

SH64
08-11-05, 04:54 PM
Man when i just started to get the hang of the MX series ..
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/news/US/EN,contentid=10813,crid=34

Logitech Gaming-Grade Laser
Logitech´s G5 and G7 mice feature Logitech newest Gaming-Grade laser tracking technology, providing superior precision. At 2000 dpi, Logitech´s Gaming-Grade laser is capable of tracking 45 inches per second — ensuring that even lightning-quick movements will be tracked with extreme precision.

* No lag: The G7 mouse avoids lag with two innovations. First, it uses full-speed USB to increase the number of reports per second. Second, it features an advanced gaming mode that prevents the mouse from going into power-saving sleep mode until a full minute has passed, which is far longer than the usual ten seconds for conventional office mice.

*No interference: The G7 Laser Cordless Mouse features Logitech´s 2.4 GHz cordless technology with 24 channels unlikely to interfere with other consumer devices. If the mouse encounters interference, Logitech´s intelligent frequency hopping enables the mouse to automatically jump to a channel where there is no interference.

*Battery indicator: The mouse also features a built-in battery-level indicator so that gamers always know their power status. Using Logitech SetPoint software, this battery-level indicator can be customized to alert gamers when there is anywhere from 30 percent to 5 percent of battery life remaining, based on preference. In the default gaming power mode, the battery life will last up to two and a half days for average game play. Under tournament conditions, if used continuously, the mouse will last up to seven hours per charge. During normal office use, the mouse will achieve up to four and a half days of battery life in gaming power mode before needing a battery swap.

*Lightweight, rechargeable battery packs: The G7 mouse comes with two rechargeable 18-gram lithium-ion battery packs. Only one is in use at a time, so the mouse weighs significantly less than other rechargeable mice currently on the market, and much less than mice that require two AA batteries. The low weight of the mouse allows fast moves and zero inertia, which are important for minimizing fatigue during long gaming sessions. To quick-swap the batteries, gamers simply press a button on the base of the mouse to pop the battery pack out so the alternate battery can slide into its place.

G7 Laser Cordless Mouse has a suggested retail price in the U.S. of $99.99, while the Logitech G5 Laser Mouse has a suggested retail price of $69.99. They will be available in the U.S. and in Europe in September.

GamerGuyX
08-11-05, 05:09 PM
Product pages:

G5 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715)

G7 (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=10716)

Those are some ugly mice. Not to mention that they are missing some buttons (forward button, etc) that the previous models had.

keith33
08-11-05, 05:12 PM
Logitech keeps tweaking their sensors to match the Razer's DPI but they never change their boat design of the mice (some people love it, I hate it). Anything about bloatware drivers? Meh, I'll stick to my Diamondback for now lol.

CaptNKILL
08-11-05, 05:21 PM
OOOoo :D

Scorpiuscat
08-11-05, 05:22 PM
I like the Logitec mouse I got, but I dont play FPS games much, so performance is not much of an issue for me.

jAkUp
08-11-05, 05:30 PM
might go for razer next.. :)

FierceDeityLink
08-11-05, 06:38 PM
Is there any real reason as to why they got rid of the fifth mouse button? I guess it's just so they can release another version of it in a few months and drop the price of the original...

toxikneedle
08-11-05, 08:39 PM
I'll get the G5, looks nice. I have a question, I don't get how the forward and back buttons work on the side of the mouse. I have a mx500 and there's two buttons (same on 510, 518) why is there only 1 button on the side of a G5?

top3koms
08-11-05, 08:47 PM
Does Razor provide WinXP64 driver support ? Logitech is kind of lacking in the MX518 driver support for WinXP64 I can only imagine how long their driver development would take for these new mice.

Bad_Boy
08-11-05, 08:56 PM
i dont like the control scheme(buttons), everything else looks nice. i could paint the damn things later :P

wheeljack12
08-11-05, 09:07 PM
I am using the MX518 on winxp 64 just great right now. Just got a response from Razer since I can know fully go XP64 (got all drivers now), I was told they are working on them now. Also, for you Ideazon Zboard Lovers, they are also coming out with drivers, but now until the end of the year for xp64.

Here is the setpoint for winxp64:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1811,contentid=10757

GamerGuyX
08-11-05, 09:08 PM
I'll get the G5, looks nice. I have a question, I don't get how the forward and back buttons work on the side of the mouse. I have a mx500 and there's two buttons (same on 510, 518) why is there only 1 button on the side of a G5?

Thats because it no longer has a forward button. Only a back button - sucks I know.

toxikneedle
08-11-05, 09:11 PM
I will say that I use forward A LOT less than back but stilll.... I don't see why. Seems kinda retarded. I do use the forward button in a lot of games. For example, I have the regular comma rose as my back button and the squad comma rose as forward. In FEAR I use it for melee.

Wait, I went to logitech.com and look what they list for G5 features: Features: Application Switch • Cruise Control™ buttons • Internet Forward/Back • Laser Technology • MX™ Optical Engine • Mac • Optical • PC • Right-Handed Comfort Grip • Scroll wheel • Tilt Wheel Plus Zoom • USB

Bad_Boy
08-11-05, 10:00 PM
in games, i use forward for reload, and back for "use"
weird i know, but it works for me :P

but how does the forward/back work, toxikneedle?
i guess it tilts or somthing maybe.

it also looks like you can easily hit those sensitivity buttons on accident, which would suck in game. (or is that the point? :x)

toxikneedle
08-11-05, 10:53 PM
in games, i use forward for reload, and back for "use"
weird i know, but it works for me :P

but how does the forward/back work, toxikneedle?
i guess it tilts or somthing maybe.

it also looks like you can easily hit those sensitivity buttons on accident, which would suck in game. (or is that the point? :x)
Dunno exactly.... but if it is only button that does both... It'll probably be on able to do 1 thing ingame. I dont understand why they took out the second button :\

TierMann
08-11-05, 11:09 PM
I'm used to this Cordless Logitech MouseMan (Model M-RR63) that came with a keyboard/mouse combo my gf had.
I havn't found one like it yet and it's still going strong after 2 1/2 years of use. The wheel hasn't even worn out yet. It'll be a sad day when this thing dies. It's nice and heavy, and there's one extra button like the G5 has, only it's under the thumb as opposed to over it. Great for quick flashlight or reload etc in games.

Bring on more giant mice, I say.

muaddib
08-12-05, 06:15 AM
- Meh, I'm pissed. I just got my MX518 a month ago. This Razer competition is getting annoying, and lifespan of each mouse is getting shorter by second.
- If i'll buy any of those, i'll get the G5. Wireless + Gaming just doesn't sound right.
- "Polytetrafluoroethylene Gaming Feet" :udawg:

npras42
08-12-05, 08:09 AM
- "Polytetrafluoroethylene Gaming Feet" :udawg:

Otherwise known as Teflon, I believe.

muaddib
08-12-05, 11:26 AM
Hmm, I wonder why they are using it just now.
The Razer DB already had when it was out.

LBJM
08-12-05, 11:58 AM
I like the 3 buttons(the quick switch was moved to the side) on the side that my mx1000 has.

|JuiceZ|
08-12-05, 11:59 AM
I'd be willing to go back to a cordless mouse if its lightweight and has instant response like the MX518. The MX1000 was just too bulky. Kinda curious why they got rid of the forward button, even though I really only used the back one.

GamerGuyX
08-12-05, 12:36 PM
I really think I'm going to skip out on a mouse upgrade this time around. I need as many buttons as I can get on a mouse and anything lower than I have now (8 buttons on my MX 510) would just not feel right.

LBJM
08-12-05, 12:39 PM
yeah like a downgrade

john19055
08-14-05, 07:09 PM
I will get the G7 if anything happens to my MX1000 so far it has been the best gameing mouse I have owned and it fits my hand like a glove ,I just don't understand why some people thinks it is so bulky,I guess my hand is just bigger,but I like the weight and the size of the MX1000.And I just hate corded mouses the wire seems to always get in my way.

Ninjaman09
08-18-05, 02:29 PM
Heh, I only use two mouse buttons and the scroll wheel. Occasionally I'd use the Back button but never the Forward button, too akward to reach. It seems like this G5 is the best refinement of their gaming mice, I'll definitely pick one up. :D