PDA

View Full Version : I finally got an FX57 on the way to me......

newls1
08-12-05, 05:02 PM
The last 2 months have been so crappy for me, between moving to another state, having to sell my race car, (but bought a house) and after a million fights with the family, I finally treated myself to a GIFT, I bought myself an FX57, and also a Phase Change cooling setup :D . I hope this FX57 likes SUB-ZERO cooling, and hope it will have one of those KILLER OC build dates.... Some credit card company was stupid enough to send me a credit card with a NICE limit, and have 1 year INTREST FREE :rolleyes: . Payback is a bitch though, but hopefully i will be fully enjoying this...

TierMann
08-12-05, 06:04 PM
Can I have your FX55 then?
I'll use that for gaming and set this X2 up for running game servers and compiling over distcc.

I'll be your friend.

zoomy942
08-12-05, 06:33 PM
I'll use that for gaming and set this X2 up for running game servers and compiling over distcc.

I'll be your friend.

:rofl

CaptNKILL
08-12-05, 06:39 PM
Glad your getting a beastly CPU but can I ask why you bought it? Your current CPU is insanely powerful already... 2x 7800GTXs (or GTs) would have given you a much larger performance boost (not to mention some new features) in games for about the same amount of money. Another gig of ram would have been a lot better too...

I dont mean to burn you here... Im just trying to figure out the logic behind buying a $1000 CPU when youve got a video bottleneck already.

aAv7
08-12-05, 07:14 PM
yeah....sounds like a crappy two months....getting a credit card with a huge limit and selling a race car for a house and all.... :rolleyes:

newls1
08-12-05, 08:03 PM
yeah....sounds like a crappy two months....getting a credit card with a huge limit and selling a race car for a house and all.... :rolleyes:
Well, thanks for the sarcasim, but we had to sell our house in Florida and move to Georgia, due to our bills. We owed so much money to everyone, that selling the house was the only answer. Thanks god for EQUITY :p . After everything was paid for I bought a house for investment (RENTAL HOME) and my mother bought herself a house, and all the bills are paid off, so with the very little left over, I thought I would treat myself :cool: .

SH64
08-12-05, 08:08 PM

I'll be your friend.

Nah i'm willing to trade my 4000+ for a FX55 & pay the extra .. i'll be a better friend :p

jAkUp
08-12-05, 08:38 PM
I'm willing to buy the FX55! For under $300 :angel:

newls1
08-12-05, 08:39 PM
Nah i'm willing to trade my 4000+ for a FX55 & pay the extra .. i'll be a better friend :p
Guys, thanks for the offers, but my second (backup) PC will have the FX55.