PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone contacted Newegg..

Phalinx
08-14-05, 03:02 PM
Has anyone contacted Newegg inregards to loosing WinXP Pro OEM ( X32) key? I've misplaced mine somewhere (probably thrown away in the garbage) and contacted Newegg via email today. I gave them my invoice and order numbers as well as product information. Microsoft's website said to contact the OEM seller which would be Newegg.

I did recently purchase an OEM version of WinXP Pro x64 from the EGG, but I can't use it. The cd doesn't have drivers for an Adaptec embedded sata hostraid controller. So, I'm stuck until the EGG responds.

Cheers

Phalinx

rewt
08-14-05, 08:06 PM
I think you can press F6 at windows installation screen to install the drivers from a floppy disk.

Phalinx
08-14-05, 09:07 PM
I think you can press F6 at windows installation screen to install the drivers from a floppy disk.

I know that. Winxp x64 doesn't have any drivers for Adaptec embedded sata hostraid contollers. I have to reload WinXP pro oem x32(from Newegg), but I lost my CD KEY. Hopefully, Newegg can help. I've also looked over at Microsoft's website and they only suggested getting in contact with the OEM seller which is Newegg. Bummer.... Also, adaptec doesn't have any x64 drivers as of yet for the embedded controller....

Cheers