PDA

View Full Version : question

dsj
08-14-05, 06:22 PM
How do I know if my computer is performing as it should? I'm lagging down to 9fps during battles in dawn of war where they recommended a 64mb videocard. I'm thinking that this is just a laggy game. The other fans of the game says that it doesn't lag but I suspect that they are denying it. How can I know for sure? My 3dmark scores are good so that is an indication that my computer has no problems.

athlon64 3200+
1024MB DDR 400
geforce6800GT

|MaguS|
08-14-05, 06:25 PM
What Drivers and settings do you use? With RTS games it all depends on the unit count and how close your view is during play. The farther away the more costly it is to render.

I personally had no issues with the game either so it could something on your PC causing it, have you done Virus and Ad-Ware Cleaning? How long since your last Defrag?

dsj
08-14-05, 06:33 PM
I just recently installed the computer. I'm using forceware 77.77. The computer has no viruses and spywares in it. Are you playing it on maximum settings at 1024*768?

I was watching this

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=69530

During that big battle the framerate droped down to 9fps.

Does the size of the pagefile affect performance?

Gentle
08-15-05, 02:40 AM
Well, without knowing the specifications of your computer, I don't know if you have AGP or PCIe.

If you have AGP, the motherboard has a driver named the "GART" driver. If it hasn't been installed, performance will suffer.

Gentle

dsj
08-15-05, 01:06 PM
Well, without knowing the specifications of your computer, I don't know if you have AGP or PCIe.

If you have AGP, the motherboard has a driver named the "GART" driver. If it hasn't been installed, performance will suffer.

Gentle
I do have AGP. What is the GART driver?

dsj
08-15-05, 02:54 PM
Actually I think I do have the GART drivers.