PDA

View Full Version : Why is the BF2 TK/booting policy so unforgiving?

sonaboy
08-15-05, 11:08 AM
does it seem to anyone else that the TK/punishment and then the subsequent boot is set a bit TOO SENSITIVE for how many slight mistakes can eliminate team members?

i mean, really - if a team member is standing next to your car or tank, and you nudge it forward just SLIGHTLY - dead team member and a TK.

team members driving over obvious mines that obviously have a route around them - dead team member, and almost ALWAYS a punishment.

jet bombing - come on - who can see the one or two team members on the ground approaching an armor nest from the air flying at that speed?

artillary - need i say more? especially when there's ONE team member sitting near a group of tanks or vehicles that need to be taken out.

i just don't get why people are so unforgiving in a game where it's so easy to die, and there's so much going on outside of your control.

has anyone noticed more servers that simply don't allow punishments?

Gentle
08-15-05, 11:33 AM
If I were to play that game, I would play on a server where punishment was not allowed.

Gentle

S.I.N
08-15-05, 11:57 AM
I think many just dont bother to push the page up key to forgive out of pure lazyness. I have been tk'ed alot but was just to damn lazy to move a inch over and press page up to forgive the tk. They should reverse it so that if you dont respond your forgive the tk. The more I think about it thats some major lazyness. :(

sonaboy
08-15-05, 12:42 PM
I think many just dont bother to push the page up key to forgive out of pure lazyness. I have been tk'ed alot but was just to damn lazy to move a inch over and press page up to forgive the tk. They should reverse it so that if you dont respond your forgive the tk. The more I think about it thats some major lazyness. :(

oh man...i didn't know that - i thought it was the other way around.

sigh...

i've been booted from so many servers while i was having a great game, just because i killed 3 or 4 guys accidentally during a 30 minute round.

guess i gotta buy my OWN server, eh?

Shaitan
08-15-05, 04:23 PM
"I think many just dont bother to push the page up key to forgive out of pure lazyness."

It is not laziness dudes. It is immersiveness. I myself get so immersed in a game, I hardly ever notice the TK forgive shiz. IMHO the devs are azzhats for allowing TK punishment to default to punish. Only a true azzhat wouldn`t take the time to think that alot of peeps are so into the game..... and are not all standing around waiting for the TK punish vote text to pop up.

It is the same as type text communication. I rarely ever look at it. Cause I have used voice com for so long.

I see dudes accidently run over by vehicles, even just touching the side of a moving vehicle kills ya. I put clays out, and dudes always run into them. The big red Skull apparently is not enough warning. Dumbazz imho. So of course it is all my fault for claying my rear perimeter while sniping. Ahuh. I won`t go for a punish unless I know beyond a doubt it was on purpose. So defaulting to Forgive is a no brainer.

Some definate work still needs to be done in the TK area of this game.

toxikneedle
08-15-05, 05:45 PM
EA said that the next patch (which is supposed to come out late Aug) is gonna fix the way punishing system is handled. I dunno how the hell they are gonna do that because u really gotta know the person's intentions for forgiving or not.

I personally follow 1 rule, I only punish if the person did it on purpose. As in hes looking at me and shoots me or he got into an argument with me, etc. I dont punish commanders, nades, or claymores.... unlike some other assholes that punish everything.

-=DVS=-
08-15-05, 09:52 PM
Playing engineer is almoust impossible if you plan on useing mines, every single time some idiot blows himself and others with him , giveing big score penelty :mad: and after you yell at them for beeing stupid , admin makes lame comment like , "where are we suppose to go if road is mined" right.... so you go and suicide even after getting constant warning messages "mines ahead STOP" and engineer can disarm mines if needed :rolleyes: sadly BF2 community is as lame as CS , unleas you have group of smart people with locked server .

$n][pErMan
08-15-05, 10:10 PM
sadly BF2 community is as lame as CS , unleas you have group of smart people with locked server .
So true..... Id say maybe 1 out of every 10 games I play of BF2... im acctually playing with smart people who get the game. Nvnews should get a BF2 server and password it and only us dedicated forum people get the password. That should rule out people being tards because most people recognise people from here and being an a$$hat would not be in ones interest! (well game names might be different but easy to make note of) :p

CaptNKILL
08-15-05, 11:47 PM
This TKing crap is getting really freakin anoying to me too... I have maybe gotten 2 legitimate team kills since I started playing, the rest are because of retarded glitches and quirks in the game.

Like today, I watched an enemy buggy and a friendly buggy go over a dune. Then on the other side, popped up 2 floating men and they were flying around so I shot... i hit something dead on and killed a team mate. Turns out they were the drivers in the buggies, its just that the buggies were out of the draw distance and the infantry werent. Of course I got punished emediately and the other guy went on to capture a flag.

Also, the freaking C4 is STILL screwed up. I toss one and then select the detonator and then click it and nothing happens... I click it again and *2* C4 blow up. Some sort of lag makes the C4 drop invisible C4 if you switch to the detonator and click too fast. Got me 3 suicides and a team kill so far.

Also, the grenades. It takes a good 2-3 seconds after its selected for you to be able to throw it. This makes them pretty much useless in a pinch. I select it and then hold the button down and get nothing, then i let up and click again thinking its not selected and that makes me lob a grenade at a wall (which makes it bounce over my head) and a team mate runs over it. Then he punishes me...

Yes that really happened. In fact all of those happened tonight :|

Gnu_Raiz
08-16-05, 01:21 PM
Playing engineer is almoust impossible if you plan on useing mines, every single time some idiot blows himself and others with him , giveing big score penelty

I agree, you can not mine any road, many times I have a high score then some numb nut runs over a mine, and I loose all my points.

I have been finding a few ranked servers that have turned off friendly fire, and modified the tk bug. I was killed on purpose on one of these servers and waited for the tk so I could punish the dude, but it never showed up. I then planted some mines, of course a team member ran over it, was not punished, but I still losed points.

I agree that if your a pilot, it sucks you get team damage, with errant missles, and you loose points for tk's, because some idiot is hiding near the enemy flag without doing anything. I hate it when your in a jet and all your flags are being capped and people in tanks, and cars just camp outside the enemy heli ports just to play for points. In a few places I have dropped bombs on their heads just to make them be team players.

I wish we could find some good servers that did team play, without having to join a clan. I like being a part of a good squad that works together. I have managed to get a few rounds with good squads, in one as a pilot we took down so many blackhawks, and heli's it was fun. I was high scorer on that map, as well as the squad I was in. I was in a jet, one guy was in anti-aircraft, another was in a jeep. Everytime a heli came over I would try to blast it with a few missles, the guy in the jeep would keep pounding lead into it as well as the anti-air dude. We where like the top ranked on that map.

It worked well, since we all did team work, or a squad leader called down air support on a position it was cool.

Gnu_Raiz

mx125race
08-17-05, 10:48 PM
[pErMan']So true..... Id say maybe 1 out of every 10 games I play of BF2... im acctually playing with smart people who get the game. Nvnews should get a BF2 server and password it and only us dedicated forum people get the password. That should rule out people being tards because most people recognise people from here and being an a$$hat would not be in ones interest! (well game names might be different but easy to make note of) :p

that would be the shiznnit! :rolleyes: sum1 should make a BF 2 petition to ban punishing...

jAkUp
08-17-05, 11:15 PM
When you get TK'd, they should make a box pop up, and you HAVE to click Forgive, or Punish. You don't click, you don't get back into the game next round. The mouse cursor defaults to set over the forgive button, so to punish, you have to make an obvious effort to move your mouse over to the punish.

Then, if you choose to punish, after that another box pops up saying, "Are you sure you wish to punish xxxxx?" If you click yes, he is punished, if no, no punish.

rewt
08-18-05, 03:53 AM
They should reverse it so that if you dont respond your forgive the tk

I think the server admin can reverse it with the sv.tkPunishByDefault 0 command.

I like jAkUp's idea better tho. Then it is much harder to make a mistake.

CaptNKILL
08-22-05, 02:32 AM
Just need to rant for a minute :argh:

These F*@#ing ranked servers need administrators. Some guy named ferball was on the server I was just on and all he was doing was driving cars into freindly tanks so that they got team kills. I went from a score of 15 and a team score of 6 to a score of 0 and a team score of -9 within 10 minutes. Its complete BS that the god damned game is set up in a way that the rules allow sh!t like that to go unpunished.

If you're going to go mess around and be an idiot (which can be fun, i know) do it on the non ranked servers for gods sake. And if you own a ranked server, GET SOME FREAKIN ADMINS! This isnt CS, one crappy game DOES matter and it ruins peoples scores, I cant believe there are so few admins on ranked servers. People take this game way to seriously for there to be no one keeping an eye on things.

/end of rant

Anyway, I just read some of the guides on planet battlefield and I have to say, my sniper game has gone through the roof. I used to be so-so at sniper, but tonight I had 2 50+ score games and a 40+ score game (before that damned TKer joined) using nothing but the sniper class. Ive come to find out that the sniper class seems to work best on servers with lots of people (30+, though 50+ is even better) because there are plenty of targets to hit, and if you know how to keep hidden, they rarely see you.

Happy sniping guys... and heres to hoping that the next patch does something to rid us of the reverse-TKers on the ranked servers (i dont care about non ranked).

sonaboy
08-23-05, 09:56 AM
I also noticed something else last night that makes me even angrier about how this game scores.

even if you're flying a plane or heli, or some large quick moving thing that can do a lot of damage - if you nick a teammate with a rocket, bullet or bomb but don't kill them, and THEN they get killed by an enemy - the TK alert pops up in their screen, because you get the "kill assist" score.

so say if they got hit by a grenade or shot on the ground, even 2 minutes later - they THINK they got killed by a TK, and of course, they'll punish.

i got booted last night after bombing a nest in a jet when my HUD showed me 3 targets of heavy armor. What i didn't notice until it was too late was part of a squad right next to them. i clipped some teammembers, and of course, a full minute or so later, the last tank took out the remaining foot soldiers.
i saw 3 "punish for tk" alerts come up at once, and i'm OUT THE DOOR in no time.

that is total ASS. someone needs to fix that ASAP.

zampe
08-23-05, 12:10 PM
EA said that the next patch (which is supposed to come out late Aug) is gonna fix the way punishing system is handled.
something like this?!?
http://agbgaming.com/gallery/data/500/318bf2server.jpg

sonaboy
08-23-05, 12:24 PM
something like this?!?
http://agbgaming.com/gallery/data/500/318bf2server.jpg

brilliant

:D :D :D :D

SH64
08-23-05, 01:03 PM
Quick question since i didnt find any other BF2 threads for a while & the Q dosent deserve a new thread :
Can you throw grenades while you are a gunner on tanks ??

CaptNKILL
08-23-05, 01:25 PM
Quick question since i didnt find any other BF2 threads for a while & the Q dosent deserve a new thread :
Can you throw grenades while you are a gunner on tanks ??
No, but when you are in a passenger position that you can shoot from (like the rear of a humm vee), you can attack with any weapons you want.

Sorta irritating actually... I use the 1-5 keys for selecting weapons on foot or selecting a position when im in a vehicle. If I accidently go to a passenger position, I have to go scour the F keys to find the right position (because it switches to infantry controls when you go to a passenger position). I wish there was some easier way to switch positions, like a "next position" key.

SH64
08-23-05, 01:40 PM
No.
ok thanks .. because when i was playing SP today i've seen a gunner do it!! well not 100% sure but his hands looked as he was the one who threw the grenade at me . worth to note that there werent any others near the tank so i was wondering...