PDA

View Full Version : FREE SLI Mainboard from EVGA

Pages : [1] 2

FraGTastiK
08-15-05, 10:34 AM
"For a limited time only, EVGA is offering a steal of a deal, literally! For those purchasing an e-GeForce 7800 GTX or an e-GeForce 7800 GT, you'll receive an nForce 4 SLI Mainboard FREE!"

Click (http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=258)

I already have my SLi mobo but I would like to see how OC friendly EVGA SLi motherboard is.nice deal btw.

Clay
08-15-05, 10:44 AM
Wow! That is a nice motherboard (http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=133-K8-NF41-AX) and an amazing deal.

Wideboy
08-15-05, 10:46 AM
I've just ordered a load of DVDA & SACD's from the USA providing I don't get hammered on IMPORT tax when I get them I might go for this deal....

GTX & SLI motherboard for 300 of our british pounds.. the GT's cost about that much here...

Has anybody got a link to a UK or Euro Retailer conducting this offer... (I've email eVGA and asked them so I'll update this thread if I hear anything)

|MaguS|
08-15-05, 11:35 AM
This deal is what made me jump on the 7800GTX... I wanted to go PCI-E but hated the price, now its nicer! :D

BTW Heard these boards are awsome OCers.

skoprowski
08-15-05, 11:50 AM
FYI- they are Jetway motherboards- that may change things for some of you.

toxikneedle
08-15-05, 11:58 AM
I also wanna add that they are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Light green with bright yellow and blue. If you have a side-window just say NO!

|MaguS|
08-15-05, 12:51 PM
I got a black case and bluue neon lights... wont be an issue... I had a red MB before... talk about mismatching.

hectorsm
08-15-05, 05:18 PM
That is a very good deal. Most people don't care about the looks and it should stops some of those complaining about the lack of a 7800 AGP version.

Auswak
08-16-05, 01:02 AM

Change for the better ?

Here is a snippet from an early preview of EVGA's nForce4 STD board..

"When we tested the board using a single 6600GT, we found it to perform even better than some of the bigger brands out there. When paired up with another 6600GT, the performance is improved in SLI mode. This is all accomplished using the NF4 chipset. In addition tol the performance, this mainboard supports the Socket 939 Athlon 64FX processors. It supports 1GHz HTT, Dual Channel DDR400, 8 Channel Audio, 8 USB ports, 2 x PCI-E x 8 (or 1 x PCI-E x 16), GbE LAN......

....The board comes with lots of overclocking options which you would not want to miss out. Most overclockers will be delighted to find the voltage adjustments of DIMM up to 3.1v, vchipset, FSB range up to 400MHz, multiplier from 8x to 25x. ASync 166,133,100 operation. HTT frequency can be set to 1GHz, 800MHz, 600Mhz, 400 MHz, width can be 8 or 16 bits."

:D

superklye
08-16-05, 06:26 AM
this is the third thread about this.

skoprowski
08-16-05, 07:55 AM
Change for the better ?

Here is a snippet from an early preview of EVGA's nForce4 STD board..

"When we tested the board using a single 6600GT, we found it to perform even better than some of the bigger brands out there. When paired up with another 6600GT, the performance is improved in SLI mode. This is all accomplished using the NF4 chipset. In addition tol the performance, this mainboard supports the Socket 939 Athlon 64FX processors. It supports 1GHz HTT, Dual Channel DDR400, 8 Channel Audio, 8 USB ports, 2 x PCI-E x 8 (or 1 x PCI-E x 16), GbE LAN......

....The board comes with lots of overclocking options which you would not want to miss out. Most overclockers will be delighted to find the voltage adjustments of DIMM up to 3.1v, vchipset, FSB range up to 400MHz, multiplier from 8x to 25x. ASync 166,133,100 operation. HTT frequency can be set to 1GHz, 800MHz, 600Mhz, 400 MHz, width can be 8 or 16 bits."

:D

Getting a free board is a good deal- it is just a peeve of mine when companies put their name on someone elses product and expect a consumer to pay more money. How can you justify charging $70.00 more for the same Jetway board just because eVGA's name is on it? BFG has done the same with Chaintech motherboards.

gram_vaz
08-16-05, 08:00 AM
$70.00 more? isn't the board free with the gpu card...

|MaguS|
08-16-05, 08:01 AM
Yes but alone its selling for around $199 I think when the Jetway label is selling for around $129.

gram_vaz
08-16-05, 08:04 AM
why is that an issue here? i'd gladly buy that vid card if i had the money if it gave me that board for free regardless of wether evga is normally overcharging for it if you bought the mobo standalone.

skoprowski
08-16-05, 08:11 AM
People should know what they are really getting.....free or not. Plus you are paying for the mb as some 7800GT's are now $379.00 (after rebate).

gram_vaz
08-16-05, 08:21 AM
well is there something about the general quality of jetway hardware we should all know?

i think we've established to not get standalone evga mobo boards unless you like to get ripped off but this is quite the deal. even tho other cards cost less this is still cheaper than buying the gpu and mobo seperately.

Rytr
08-16-05, 08:30 AM
NVNEWS is currently reviewing this board with a 7800GTX and also with a SLI configuration (two EVGA 6800GTs). Hope to have it out soon. In the meantime if you have any questions just fire away and I will try to answer them.
Yes, it could use some color coordination! :D

MikeC
08-16-05, 09:04 AM
Nice to see you actually identified yourself as an eVGA employee on this forum. Getting a free board is a good deal- it is just a peeve of mine when companies put their name on someone elses product and expect a consumer to pay more money. How can you justify charging $70.00 more for the same Jetway board just because eVGA's name is on it? BFG has done the same with Chaintech motherboards.

Skoprowski eVGA has always identified themselves here. Save your smart ass replies it won't be tolerated. Your only warning.

FraGTastiK
08-16-05, 09:47 AM
NVNEWS is currently reviewing this board with a 7800GTX and also with a SLI configuration (two EVGA 6800GTs). Hope to have it out soon. In the meantime if you have any questions just fire away and I will try to answer them.
Yes, it could use some color coordination! :D

I was just going to ask if there's a review anywhere on the web.there goes my answer.

could you check and see if it can go over 250 HTT with 1T timing using 2x512 Mb sticks.(CPU itself and highly OCable memory play their roles there too besides mobo)

|MaguS|
08-16-05, 09:57 AM
The board provides ram voltage up to 3.2v alone, one review of the jetway board.

Heres a review:
http://www.ocworkbench.com/2005/jetway/939GT4-STD-G/g1.htm

skoprowski
08-16-05, 12:46 PM
Skoprowski eVGA has always identified themselves here. Save your smart ass replies it won't be tolerated. Your only warning.

Sorry- I corrected my post. There were some issues on another forum with Auswak's posts.

Rytr
08-16-05, 04:11 PM
I was just going to ask if there's a review anywhere on the web.there goes my answer.

could you check and see if it can go over 250 HTT with 1T timing using 2x512 Mb sticks.(CPU itself and highly OCable memory play their roles there too besides mobo)

So far I have got 2 512MB sticks of Patriot PC3200 XBL to run 230MHz (11x230) FSB (HTT) at 2.5-3-3-7, 1:1, 1T. VDIMM can be set as high as 3.25V in the Bios but my memory does not seem to like anything over 2.85V. :(
If I get a chance I will try to loosen the timings some more or drop the multiplier. I have no doubt this board will easily support over 250MHz and probably well beyond.
I regret that I am limited for time as I have another motherboard setting here waiting review and I need to put the wraps on this one.

combat_wombat
08-16-05, 10:25 PM
that mobo doesn't look to aftermarket heatsink friendly. all the pics i've seen show it has some molded plastic clips that hold the backplate and cpu mounting bracket together. that's not a good thing for anyone who wants to use a thermalright or zalman, etc etc. what did they save, 5 cents by using plastic in stead of screws? :p

I forsee a ton of these boards on ebay

Terwin
08-16-05, 10:33 PM
Getting a free board is a good deal- it is just a peeve of mine when companies put their name on someone elses product and expect a consumer to pay more money. How can you justify charging $70.00 more for the same Jetway board just because eVGA's name is on it? BFG has done the same with Chaintech motherboards.

Erm, aren't most nVidia cards the same PCB with just other company's names slapped on them too? You do know all those standard layout PCBs come out of the same production plants in Asia right? If you use that arguement, also use it for video cards too. That in mind I buy eVGA for it's customer support and warrenty.

Clay
08-16-05, 10:49 PM
that mobo doesn't look to aftermarket heatsink friendly. all the pics i've seen show it has some molded plastic clips that hold the backplate and cpu mounting bracket together. that's not a good thing for anyone who wants to use a thermalright or zalman, etc etc. what did they save, 5 cents by using plastic in stead of screws? :p

I forsee a ton of these boards on ebayNot sure I follow you... many mobos have plastic rentention clips that hold the backplate in place. Besides, if you install a Thermalright they replace all of that anyway or require that you have a metal backplate. Can you post links to the pics you're referring to?