PDA

View Full Version : Ultra High Quality Sound in BF2

keith33
08-15-05, 11:32 PM
So my 2GB of RAM finally came in from my bid on eBay and I was hoping to max out Battlefield 2. Visually everything worked out great and I'm playing with everything cranked, but for the sound the "Ultra High" setting is disabled in Red? Does anyone know what's required to enable this? I have an Audigy 2ZS that is connected to Logitech Z-5500 surround speakers and EAX is enabled. Help would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Hardware - Ultra High

Badash
08-15-05, 11:37 PM
I believe I remember that you need to have a creative X-Fi sound card for that setting:
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/X-Fi/technology/audiosolutions/introduction.asp

jAkUp
08-16-05, 12:14 AM
Yup, you need an X-Fi for the highest quality audio setting.

keith33
08-16-05, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys, are any of you with Audigy 2ZS cards planning to buy an X-Fi? I was going to buy a PC Power and Cooling power supply but if the cards are worth it with a moderate 5.1 system, I might reconsider.

P.S. Thanks for the KO BIOS jAkUp, I can't find an external floppy drive in my entire town though lol, I'll flash it as soon as I can buy one :D.

jAkUp
08-16-05, 01:31 AM
Yea I'm gonna get the fatal1ty one when its released. I hate that damn frontal box thingy though, If I have to use that I will not buy one. lol

GamerGuyX
08-16-05, 02:33 AM
frontal box thingy

:luv:

Bad_Boy
08-16-05, 03:54 AM
Yea I'm gonna get the fatal1ty one when its released. I hate that damn frontal box thingy though, If I have to use that I will not buy one. lolso lemme get this straight ...
your going to pay 150 extra just for 64mb of "X-Ram"
:wtf:

GamerGuyX
08-16-05, 04:15 AM
so lemme get this straight ...
your going to pay 150 extra just for 64mb of "X-Ram"
:wtf:

I would... I mean I am. :p

Greg
08-16-05, 06:27 AM
... I hate that damn frontal box thingy though...I didn't know they played much Cricket (http://www.owzat-cricket.co.uk/acatalog/Abdo_Guard___Cricket_Box_.html) in your country?

Bad_Boy
08-16-05, 10:10 AM
I would... I mean I am. :p
lol whatever floats your boat. ill catch the elite-pro in a few months or so on slickdeals ;)
but damn i sure hate that floppy power connector :/