PDA

View Full Version : Zelda:Twilight Princess Delayed till 2006

|MaguS|
08-16-05, 08:57 AM
Well while I agree for the reason of the delay, just having the only game I am interested in for the GameCube delayed till mid+ 2006 is painful. I can put my GameCube in the closet now for a year till the game releases, there are seriously no other titles of interest for me.

Guess Nintendo is going to have a lackluster winter this year...

http://cube.ign.com/articles/642/642238p1.html

Bad_Boy
08-16-05, 09:12 AM
like i said over at rage3d *gasp*
they mine as well port it to the revolution and add some better graphics while they are at it.

a full year is a long ass time for a delay.

JeRi
08-16-05, 09:49 AM
there are seriously no other titles of interest for me.

Guess Nintendo is going to have a lackluster winter this year...

http://cube.ign.com/articles/642/642238p1.html

thus why i decided to sell my gamecube long ago, once i realized that the quality of titles coming out were few and far between. i just got really frustrated with some of the titles coming out on it, and came to the decision that it just wasn't worth my money paying for most games (that were released across all 3 platforms) that looked and played better on xbox. the only thing that would have held me back would have been zelda, as i absolutely loved OoT, and had a blast with WW, but i decided the cons outweighed the pros by a lot, and cut my losses while i could...sucks that one of the only good releases scheduled for this year is pushed back so far, as it could have helped them with sales competing with xbox 360... :rolleyes:

Zelda_fan
08-16-05, 10:14 AM
I hate the delay but I'm glad Nintendo had the balls to do this.

They would of made a lot of money by getting the game out before Christmas, but I'm glad they are taking the time to give the Zelda franchise the quality it deserves.

rek075
08-16-05, 10:43 AM
Look on the bright side: at least this means Gamecube will get both 2005 and 2006 GOTY awards...

...and just because Zelda is the only game you're looking forward to doesn't mean that its the only quality title left on the GC.

|MaguS|
08-16-05, 10:47 AM
What game would be a 2005 GOTY for them? They have nothing big coming out this year now...

Mr. Hunt
08-16-05, 11:13 AM
Look on the bright side: at least this means Gamecube will get both 2005 and 2006 GOTY awards...

...and just because Zelda is the only game you're looking forward to doesn't mean that its the only quality title left on the GC.

Actually it does mean that. Geist is a piece of trash (and I was looking forward to it a while until I finally got to play it), and there is nothing else of interest (exclusive). I will just have fun with my PS2, Xbox, PSP, and PC :\.

|MaguS|
08-16-05, 11:15 AM
Whats wrong with Geist? It looked interesting...

LiquidX
08-16-05, 11:35 AM
This was the one game I was 100% sure I would be getting no matter what but I am relieved and kind of glad it got delayed, I sold my Cube and planned on getting it back along with Zelda:Twilight Princess but now I can wait some more. Now I can buy and extra 2 or 3 games for XBox360. :cool:

aAv7
08-16-05, 11:53 AM
I was gonna buy a gamecube soon just for Zelda. :: sigh :: I hate delays, but at least they're trying to do the best they can. See, this is one point where consoles shine over pc's. If this were a PC game, they would have "valved" us by releasing an unfinished product and just continually patched it as time went on, and later charge us $34.95 for an expansion which is basically stuff the original had cut out of it.

Kudos to Nintendo for thinking of the fans...but at this point, mid-06, mine as well release it on revolution.

And Geist sucks. Looked very cool, but once you play it.. :thumbdwn: Horrible controls, no real story, and it's biggest innovation ended up being it's biggest problem.

Mr. Hunt
08-16-05, 12:59 PM
Whats wrong with Geist? It looked interesting...

Yeah... it DID look interesting... then I played a demo or something in a gamestop and good gosh... the controls were aweful and it just wasn't fun at all. I was hoping it would be... would have gave me areason to buy a new GC game (last one I bought was RE4 back when it launched... and before that it was MGS:TTS).

six_storm
08-20-05, 07:23 PM
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/110.html

That's what I have to say about all this . . . . stuff. :D