PDA

View Full Version : Flashpoint 2 new screenshots

SH64
08-16-05, 11:41 AM
Thank god some update on this game .. i thought everyone forgot about it!
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=27451&mode=thread&order=0

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/5040/opflash2213zw.jpg

Features :

* The most accurate military simulation to date in an action game
* The ultimate combination of action, role playing and strategy elements
* Authentic and insanely detailed representation of all gear and vehicles
* Take part in realistic large scale military operations, in a near future setting
* Extremely large and detailed maps
* Proprietary next generation engine
* Full multiplayer support for online combat
* Customizable game with built-in mission editor

graphically it dosent look all that advanced (maybe only the shadows) .. still what matters most is the gameplay esp in this kind of tactical FPS game.
as long as it follows the path of the first game though like the large scale battles & the way of comandeering the troops i'll be interested.

|MaguS|
08-16-05, 11:50 AM
Considering how large the past game was, I can forgive it for having poor models.

Ninja Prime
08-16-05, 12:41 PM
OMFG!1111 It doesn't l00k liek teh d00000m 3z0r!!11 I w'0nt playz it!111!!
:rolleyes:

Flashpoint was awesome, played if for some 2 years, I can only imagine this one will be better, being bigger, with more environments. Flashpoint was, and still is, the best mil-sim to date, I can only imagine the sequel taking its place.

stncttr908
08-16-05, 01:39 PM
Operation Flashpoint was definitely not about the visuals, so if it can hold up to the screens I'll be more than satisfied. The moment they sacrifice the gameplay for the graphics I'm out.

agentkay
08-16-05, 06:01 PM
OFP rocked! Definitly a special kind of game with an AI that had been ahead of its time. Anyone remembers the single player mission where you basically have to sneak thru enemy territory, all alone, with several squads, tanks and choppers looking for you? Great fun, in what other game can you have so many soldiers fighting at the same time, filling the air with bullets with realistic ballistics. I hope they added simulated wind effecting the ballistics of the bullets and the ability to adjust your scope or sights. If the devs managed to keep all the good sides of OFP, improved its faults, it will be an awesome experience! I also like the new graphics, a huge step from OFP1! Canīt wait. :)

Redeemed
08-16-05, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I think those graphics are rather good. Maybe a notch below FarCry in some areas. I'm definitely eager for this game to be released.

Another game to look out for is Enemy in Sight. Hear that game should be awesome as well.

GamerGuyX
08-16-05, 06:10 PM
OMFG!1111 It doesn't l00k liek teh d00000m 3z0r!!11 I w'0nt playz it!111!!
:rolleyes:

w0w 411 j00r p0575 4nn0y 7h3 h311 0u7 0ph m3!!!!!!11! ;)

SH64
08-16-05, 10:06 PM
Anyone remembers the single player mission where you basically have to sneak thru enemy territory, all alone, with several squads, tanks and choppers looking for you?

Indeed! that is something i still remember & cannot forget ! it was a hell of place to escape from ...

CaptNKILL
08-16-05, 10:21 PM
Man... I guess I must have played a different game. I hear a lot of praise about OpFlash and I waited for it forever... the demo was great too. But when I bought the game, it was horrible. The most buggy crap I've ever seen to this day. Ran bad on my system (which was high end at the time), didnt look very good and basically it was just no fun. I tried a couple different missions and couldnt do anything in any of them except die. I was also extremely disapointed with the sound effects.

This game is deffinitely one with a "cult following"... it is NOT for everyone, thats for damned sure. Hopefully the second one can keep the good points of the original while making it bareable for everyone.

EDIT: Actually... nevermind. Ive got BF2, id rather the OpFlash fans have a game thats great to them than have a half assed game that BF2 fans cant get into and OpFlash fans are disapointed with. Hopefuly is everything you guys want... and maybe (just maybe) itl be something ill be able to play :p

Sgt_Pitt
08-16-05, 10:40 PM
anyone care for some half baked eggs ?

Mr.Clawz950
08-17-05, 01:51 AM
Yunno, with that worthplaying banner on the picture, the guy at the back looks like a midget. :D

Meusa
08-17-05, 05:41 AM
Anyone tried the 'Enhanced Configuration Project' for Flashpoint? Really brings the game back to life.

The Enhanced Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of OFP through providing enhanced configuration files and associated scripts that run without any in-mission triggers or code. The ECP provides:

Improved Gameplay
Big brained AI
Additional special effects
Improved sound
Realism enhancements

ECP is an OFP 'modification' consisting of the following components:

ECP Core
ECP Dynamic Speaking AI
ECP Dynamic Range sounds
ECP Radio Chatter
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

New version has recently been released.

Ninja Prime
08-17-05, 06:58 AM
Anyone tried the 'Enhanced Configuration Project' for Flashpoint? Really brings the game back to life.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/

New version has recently been released.

Never seen that, might have to reinstall it...

Opflash is more of a cult game because it is complicated and realistic; the learning curve is pretty high. Therefore, your average Doom 3 fps person plays the first 10min of it and keeps dying and gives up, whereas the type of person who likes a challenge/or is a fast learner starts to love it. At least that has been my experiance with it.

agentkay
08-17-05, 08:21 AM
The ECP mod is awesome! All the weapon, textures, models and sounds replacements definitly made the waiting period for OFP2 much shorter! There are so many mods its not even funny. I like all the mods the BAS team made but there are so many great quality mods that I canīt even mention all.

I do agree that back when the game came out, it was a buggy mess and a true memory hog. Its actually what kinda killed the game to the "mass audience" but most bugs got fixed and while its still a memory hog, it improved a lot, also graphically thanks to many talented fans and moders.