PDA

View Full Version : Is my graphics card broken?

HardHitter
12-23-02, 07:11 PM
I have a VisionTek Geforce 2 GTS 64mb Pro video card and I've downloaded games and when I am in the middle of playing them they lock up or just restart my machine for no reason. What's wrong, I bought a new heatsink and fan incase of over heating, I changed the clock freqencies of the card etc. What do you guys think is wrong. Thanks.

saturnotaku
12-23-02, 07:13 PM
The rest of your system specs would help a lot, including motherboard chipset and operating system. But it sounds to me like you're suffering from the (in)famous infinite loop problem. Updating your motherboard drivers (esp. if you own a VIA chipset) and changing your video drivers should solve your problems.

HardHitter
12-23-02, 08:40 PM
Alright, well I just updated my det drivers for my video card. I have an IWILL KK266 Motherboard Via KT133 Chipset with an AMD T-Bird 1.2 Ghz cpu, 128mb of PC133 Ram. I'll go and update my motherboard drivers and I'll come back and post if it still crashes/restarts.

HardHitter
12-23-02, 08:47 PM
Ok, these are the things I've just downloaded off of IWILL's site and will be installing.

VIAŽ 4-in-1 Driver v4.38
C-MediaŽ CMI8738 Audio Driver - SINGLE processor
kk1022.exe (KK266's latest Awards Bios)

Will keep you guys updated.

HardHitter
12-23-02, 11:32 PM
Well I installed the motherboard VIA 4-in-1 Drivers and everything is working great. Thanks ssaturnotaku.