PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo is INSANE!

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
08-17-05, 09:59 AM
They want $99.99 for the gameboy micro when it launches end of this year... seriously why would anyone pay that much for it? The screen is worse quality and smaller then the SP and its hard to use since its so tiny. Sure it makes for easy travel but the SP was never bad in the first place.

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/642/642275p1.html

BioHazZarD
08-17-05, 10:20 AM
50$ would be better i agree with you 100 bucks for that is silly.

Ninjaman09
08-17-05, 10:29 AM
Yeah that's pretty ridiculous.

rek075
08-17-05, 10:33 AM
Have you tried it yet?

|MaguS|
08-17-05, 10:37 AM
I've seen it but never got on hands time with it, but seriously how can you justify charging more then the SP when it has a smaller screen and is harder on big hands (which the SP was already). The SP is selling for $79.99, this should have been announced at $79.99 and the SP been dropped to $49.99.

The only pro from the Micro is that is less bulky for travel...

Mr. Hunt
08-17-05, 10:51 AM
Isn't the DS 150? I don't like the DS... but if you wanted a GBA... just get the DS for 50 dollars more and you can play the same games + DS games :\.

rek075
08-17-05, 10:57 AM
Making things smaller usually makes them more expensive to manufacture. And size its not its only advantage: it also has a very bright back-lit screen. Also, all new Gameboy models have always retailed for $99 (from what I remember) when released, so I'm not surprised and neither should anyone else. Why don't you try it out before complaining about how uncomfortable it will be? If it doesn't sell well, then Nintendo will lower the price quickly.

On another note, I do think its quite funny that you are complaining about Nintendo's hardware prices when they sell their hardware for much cheaper compared to the competition.

Zelda_fan
08-17-05, 10:58 AM
Yeah I think N should drop the price to 79.99. They just dropped the DS to 129.99, and very few people are gonna buy this thing when they can get a DS for 30 dollars more. I mean the size is very very nice, but it's not THAT nice. At any rate, I'm going to play one before I make my final judgment on it.

aAv7
08-17-05, 10:59 AM
Isn't the DS 150? I don't like the DS... but if you wanted a GBA... just get the DS for 50 dollars more and you can play the same games + DS games :\.

I agree.

There is ZERO point buying a micro for $100 when a dual screen DS can be had for $50 more. ($30 more if u buy one used)

The funniest part is Nintendo said the micro was intended for the 11-15 year old group. Nice price for such a young demographic. :rolleyes:

$99.99 for a gamecube or a micro gba.....aye...

Zelda_fan
08-17-05, 11:01 AM
remember N just dropped the DS price to 129

aAv7
08-17-05, 11:03 AM
remember N just dropped the DS price to 129

Did they!?

And I just bought one two or three weeks ago for $150 :mad:

Oh well, lol. Ya takes yer chances...

Seeing as a DS is $129 new, I REALLY see no reason for a micro gba for $100.

It's small and what not, but big whoop. For $99.99 i'd sooner get a gamecube.

Zelda_fan
08-17-05, 11:06 AM
well if you got Super Mario 64 DS with it then you really didn't miss out on anything. They dropped the pirce to 129 but they took away the included Mario 64 DS.

|MaguS|
08-17-05, 11:17 AM
Making things smaller usually makes them more expensive to manufacture. And size its not its only advantage: it also has a very bright back-lit screen. Also, all new Gameboy models have always retailed for $99 (from what I remember) when released, so I'm not surprised and neither should anyone else. Why don't you try it out before complaining about how uncomfortable it will be? If it doesn't sell well, then Nintendo will lower the price quickly.

On another note, I do think its quite funny that you are complaining about Nintendo's hardware prices when they sell their hardware for much cheaper compared to the competition.

Not on technology that currently is available. They are not using a new chip or cpu for the system, just shinking it down which I would think would be cheaper since there is alot less in it. The LCD is not brighter and the picture is actually worse then the SP.

I complain about the price because its rediculous to charge so much on old technology that has a bad pro to con ratio (more cons IMO).

aAv7
08-17-05, 11:22 AM
Not on technology that currently is available. They are not using a new chip or cpu for the system, just shinking it down which I would think would be cheaper since there is alot less in it. The LCD is not brighter and the picture is actually worse then the SP.

I complain about the price because its rediculous to charge so much on old technology that has a bad pro to con ratio (more cons IMO).

I totally agree. Fact is the GBA is all but dead. The DS is the new king of nintendo's hand-held division right now.

It's insane to charge $100 for technology from 2001. Shrinking it should reduce costs, and you also have to realize, the hardware in the gba was more expensive in 2001, now, it's probably half the price it once was. Big N is just trying to cash in on a gimmick.

aAv7
08-17-05, 11:23 AM
well if you got Super Mario 64 DS with it then you really didn't miss out on anything. They dropped the pirce to 129 but they took away the included Mario 64 DS.

Ah cool :D I did get the Mario Bundle....what stinks is the Mario Bundle didn't come with the Metroid Demo. Oh well.

ArturNOW
08-19-05, 02:11 AM
GameBoy Micro on one hand is like iPod - stylish and nice - on the other it can play mp3 files (I'm not 100% sure ;-)). Not to mention it's very small and comfortable to have it alle the time.

Am_I_Evil
08-19-05, 03:05 AM
GameBoy Micro on one hand is like iPod - stylish and nice - on the other it can play mp3 files (I'm not 100% sure ;-)). Not to mention it's very small and comfortable to have it alle the time.

since when can Gameboy Micro play MP3s? :eek2:

kev13dd
08-19-05, 03:07 AM

Ha ha MP3s on a cartidge...

K

ArturNOW
08-19-05, 04:50 AM
You can buy a mp3 player for GB SP, you can buy video player for it and it's built-in in GB micro. That's what I've read.

Zelda_fan
08-19-05, 05:02 AM
You can buy a mp3 player for GB SP, you can buy video player for it and it's built-in in GB micro. That's what I've read.

Yeah, but the device is a japan-only type thing so you have to buy it over ebay. Not only that but the sound quality or storage capacity is nowhere near that of an iPod.

rek075
08-19-05, 10:48 AM
I bought a 1 gig CF card and GB Player for my GBA

GamerGuyX
08-19-05, 02:13 PM

Actually its not comfortable because its so small.

npras42
08-19-05, 06:42 PM
... The LCD is not brighter and the picture is actually worse then the SP....

I thought the LCD although smaller was of higher resolution and had better lighting.

Zelda_fan
08-20-05, 07:19 AM
Actually its not comfortable because its so small.

have you played it?

slick
08-20-05, 09:39 AM
I thought the LCD although smaller was of higher resolution and had better lighting.

Correct. Nintendo said that it is the best screen they have ever used in a handheld.