PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion draws neigh

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zelda_fan
08-19-05, 04:29 PM
Oblivion has the box art down pat. I give it a month before going gold. Is it just me or can anyone else NOT WAIT until this game is released.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

Oh yeah, and they had a few comments about the XBOX360 HD. Looks like people w/ out the HD will get worse performance in the game, but it isn't a requirement. I can bet you one thing, I'm gonna be getting the 399 XBOX

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145879

Clay
08-19-05, 04:40 PM
Same here, looking forward to this game more than any other for a while now.

Subtestube
08-19-05, 04:43 PM
Heheh... Oblivion Draws "neigh"... which is appropriate because there're going to be horses in it. Nigh is the word you're looking for.

Aside from that, I'm REALLY looking forward to this game.... seriously though, surely it'll go gold so that it's on shelves on the day of the 360 launch. I can't imagine them launching the PC version before the 360 version... not for any particular reason - simultanous launch just seems to make sense.

agentkay
08-19-05, 05:16 PM
Definitly can´t wait for this game, especially the PC version. :p I was expecting the game to be released around December but I´ll be the last person to complain about an early release. ;)

Acid Rain
08-19-05, 05:18 PM
Same here, looking forward to this game more than any other for a while now.Like Morrowind, I think this will be a title I crack open off and on for the next few years.

Morrowind was the best 50 bucks I've ever spent, having logged at least a couple hundred hours into it. Also, with mods and new textures, it looks almost next-gen. I expect Oblivion will follow the tradition, and looks to be a huge leap forward in many ways.

Quake IV and Oblivion are on my must buy list, with Oblivion in the lead.

aAv7
08-19-05, 05:30 PM
I can't wait for it. I'll be grabbin the PC version of course. =)

Acid Rain
08-19-05, 05:34 PM
Here's a new interview (http://theconsolewars.blogspot.com/2005/08/exclusive-interview-with-pete-hines-of.html), with a little brand spanking new info.

Interesting tidbit: TCW: "What about the horses? Will they be able to level up and such just like your character? Please elaborate on the features or these beasts."

Pete Hines: "No, they don’t level up. They are a mode of transportation and, in truth, a bit of a status symbol for the player. They aren’t cheap. You’ll find different towns will have different types available and you can have several of them stabled in towns as you travel around. They’re like any other creature, so if you’re riding one and get attacked and you jump off to fight, your horse can be attacked, fight back, run away, be killed, etc."

GamerGuyX
08-19-05, 05:43 PM
I can't wait... :drooling:

This is the first time where I actually don't know what version (360 or PC) to get...

Vagrant Zero
08-19-05, 06:43 PM
Will someone set up persisent servers for this game. Similar to how they kinda made NWN an MMORPG by using persistent servers.

nutcrackr
08-19-05, 06:49 PM
HL2 had box art done at least 4 months before release, STALKER has box art done and we know where it's at. Still the box art looks ok.

Arioch
08-19-05, 06:51 PM
The Xbox360 version will probably be nice but I am definitely getting the PC version.

Subtestube
08-19-05, 07:00 PM
I'd probably prefer the 360 version, but I can't afford to by an XBOX 360, so PC it is!

EDIT: Actually, I just realised that that's not true. I'd prefer the PC version - it won't look as nice on my PC, but it'll have all those mods. Mmmmm... mods... tasty.

GamerGuyX
08-19-05, 07:03 PM
EDIT: Actually, I just realised that that's not true. I'd prefer the PC version - it won't look as nice on my PC, but it'll have all those mods. Mmmmm... mods... tasty.

Argh! Thats a good point. All well I'll probably buy the 360 version first and then get the PC version when I upgrade my PC.

Edge
08-19-05, 07:09 PM
Will someone set up persisent servers for this game. Similar to how they kinda made NWN an MMORPG by using persistent servers.
Since the game doesn't have an online component, it would be a little hard to set up servers for it.

But yeah, I'm interested to see how the Xbox 360 version compares to the PC. I'm pretty positive the Xbox 360 would eat my PC for lunch in this game, but I wonder if it will be like the original Morrowind where a few things like draw distance could be set higher in the PC version. Either way though, I'm sure people will sink a lot of hours into this game.

Oh, and while the Xbox version won't have user-made mods, it will at least have additional official content of some kind, from what they said in that interview:

Pete Hines: "Right now we know for sure that we plan to offer downloadable content for Oblivion. Beyond that nothing has been determined yet. We still have some ideas of things we’d like to do and are talking to Microsoft about if and how we might be able to do them. We work hard at managing expectations and part of that is trying not to promise anything we can’t be sure we’ll deliver."

GamerGuyX
08-19-05, 07:12 PM
Since the game doesn't have an online component, it would be a little hard to set up servers for it.

Well the Xbox 360 version does... its "Xbox Live Aware". :D :p

Clay
08-19-05, 09:20 PM
Well the Xbox 360 version does... its "Xbox Live Aware". :D :pThat's just for extra content though isn't it?

GamerGuyX
08-19-05, 09:33 PM
That's just for extra content though isn't it?

All Xbox 360 games are Live Aware because it allows other people to see what you are playing when your playing it.

EDIT: All 360 games also have an option for downloadable content due to "Xbox Live Marketplace".

Clay
08-19-05, 09:50 PM
All Xbox 360 games are Live Aware because it allows other people to see what you are playing when your playing it.

EDIT: All 360 games also have an option for downloadable content due to "Xbox Live Marketplace".I see, cool.

jolle
08-20-05, 03:16 AM
ohman I cant wait for this, and at the same time Im a bit afraid that it wont be as good as I hope it will..
Still havent finished all of Morrowind, only Tribunal and then quite recently the Main Quest..
I tend to get sidetracked all the time, spend about a yeah on and off playing as a archiologist collecting books and all info on the Dweomer, I know there is one still alive in the Corpusarium but that bastard wont translate for me.. hehe..
Only yet scratched the surface on Bloodmoon.

Acid Rain
08-20-05, 05:25 AM
HL2 had box art done at least 4 months before release, STALKER has box art done and we know where it's at. Still the box art looks ok.This is Bethsoft. Box art means good things. These guys are in a completely different league as Valve, for instance, and what they say/do actually has weight to it. It refreshing, really.

*Edit* Apparently UK mag "PC Zone" has new screens and info, with Bethsoft having stated that they are almost done with the game, and are in the process of "smoothing it out. It really is almost here...unless they suddenly suffer from complete incompetance and/or get the content stolen off a laptop at a Starbucks hotspot or something. :)

OWA
08-20-05, 01:45 PM
This is Bethsoft. Box art means good things. These guys are in a completely different league as Valve, for instance, and what they say/do actually has weight to it. It refreshing, really.

*Edit* Apparently UK mag "PC Zone" has new screens and info, with Bethsoft having stated that they are almost done with the game, and are in the process of "smoothing it out. It really is almost here...unless they suddenly suffer from complete incompetance and/or get the content stolen off a laptop at a Starbucks hotspot or something. :)
Are the pics and info from PC Zone online?

Edit: Nevermind, I searched for it. :) http://www.pczone.co.uk/

stncttr908
08-20-05, 03:04 PM
I'll get this for PC. The reason? Mods of course.

Rytr
08-20-05, 03:11 PM
You bet, there will be a ton of mods!
I hope the game lives up to expectations. I have never come close to putting time in a game as I have with Morrowind.

superklye
08-20-05, 03:43 PM
I REALLY like that box artwork. It's very cool.

SH64
08-20-05, 05:58 PM
PC ver all the way :drooling: