PDA

View Full Version : Guys, suggest me a game.

Kruno
12-24-02, 09:21 AM
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/

Go on the side and click on pc games. I have $50 my parents gave me for a game.
These are all Aussie prices with tax etc...

I have not played Deus Ex and I am thinking about it. Has it long gameplay? Will it run awesome on my system?

Can anyone recomend another game?
No sim games please. :)

vampireuk
12-24-02, 09:34 AM
good god you guys get screwed on prices:eek:

I would go with Deus Ex myself, kickass game that will last you quite a while. Then once you finish it you have to do it two more times:D

Fotis
12-24-02, 09:50 AM
Deus ex is very long and you 'll have to replay it 2-3 times in order to see everything and know everything(it has multiple paths which leed to dif situations)It will play very good on your system but make sure you buy the game of the year edition or if you dont install all the patches available because the old UT engine is not very keen on direct x.

Age of Mythology is also very good and for the first time Greeks speak greek(not in the cutscenes) but I guess that wont help you.:p

Activision has put together a nice pack called ster trek action pack which includes star trek voyager elite force + the expansion pack and star trek armada I & II.

Mafia is also one of the best games of the year.Driving cars blowing away people with your tommi-gun is great.

If you happen to like adventure games or even if you don't you'll love Syberia.Trust me.

I don't play rpg's so I can't tell you anything about them.

Have a nice holiday.:)

Greg
12-25-02, 05:56 AM
You won't be disappointed with Deus-Ex, it is a nice length action adventure which totally immerses you. If you have a couple weeks holiday, that is plenty of time to play it though. It has replay value for at least 1 or 2 extra plays. Try NEVER to shop at Harvey Norman. That shop is designed for people who like to buy on credit and you pay for it in the price. Look elsewhere to save 10-30% consistently.

Kruno
12-25-02, 09:47 AM
If Megamart has it I will buy it from there. Though there is no other shop within 10 miles with Deus Ex that I can find. :)

Originally posted by Greg
You won't be disappointed with Deus-Ex, it is a nice length action adventure which totally immerses you. If you have a couple weeks holiday, that is plenty of time to play it though. It has replay value for at least 1 or 2 extra plays. Try NEVER to shop at Harvey Norman. That shop is designed for people who like to buy on credit and you pay for it in the price. Look elsewhere to save 10-30% consistently.

Aesthetica
12-26-02, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Greg
Try NEVER to shop at Harvey Norman.

i second that

id rather do business with the dodgy brothers
b4 i bought anything from a harvey normal store