PDA

View Full Version : HDTV's for xbox360 & PS3

DJMONDY
08-21-05, 09:33 AM
How many of you already have a good HDtv ready for when you buy the xbox360, PS3 etc??

Ive been looking at some HDready sets at my local comet store and i would like you opinion on one i really like and if it would be any good for current gameing systems and for the next gen consoles coming soon :)

Here it is:http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/455_263842.html

Please post your opinions :thumbsup:

Cheers

npras42
08-21-05, 10:12 AM
Well I don't have HDTV, but MS will release VGA cables for the console so I will hook it up to my monitor for the first year or so of its life, I am planning on getting a PS3 at launch too (if I can save enough) and I dont know anything about VGA support for that one...

When I'm at home (at my parents' house that is) I'll have it connected to their plasma.

|MaguS|
08-21-05, 10:32 AM
I plan on getting a 1080p supportive HDTV when its closer to the PS3's launch, my projector is more then enough for all consoles till then.

DJMONDY
08-21-05, 10:38 AM
According to comet's site theres no hdmi connection on the phillips screen i like. Will this be a problem??

What connection will the xbox360 and ps3 use?? From what i understand the two consoles support HD technology.

|MaguS|
08-21-05, 10:54 AM
PS3 has two built in HDMI ports but they do make DVI to HDMI converters.

DJMONDY
08-21-05, 11:19 AM

Would the converter lower the quality at all??

|MaguS|
08-21-05, 02:18 PM
There isn't much difference between the two, mainly that HDMI supports Audio aswell, unlike DVI which require other connections. Security is also improved aswell.

Picture quality though, theres not much of a difference.

Clay
08-21-05, 02:23 PM
Doesn't the HDMI interface support much higher bandwidth (~5Gbps or so)? I thought this was a big upside for it as it doesn't require any video signal compression.

EDIT: After some reading I see that DVI offers uncompressed transmission as well. Seems that the main difference is the consoildation of video/audio into the single cable with HDMI as |MaguS| said...no difference in IQ in fact between the two.

PikachuMan
08-21-05, 04:42 PM

Any idea on the price of those?

|MaguS|
08-21-05, 07:40 PM
Use google....

Bad_Boy
08-21-05, 08:00 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0&type=&description=dvi+to+hdmi&Category=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
around 20-30 bucks at newegg for the converter :/

kinda pricey compared to the dvi to vga converters i bought a year or so ago. lol

Droid6
08-24-05, 12:37 PM
I'm partial to Mitsubishi TV's because they are the most tweakable sets on the market and have the information to tweak them readily available on the internet. Oh yeah, they have some pretty nice 1080p DLP's coming soon also.