PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, badly!!

Toss3
08-21-05, 03:57 PM
Okey here's the deal:

First my 6800gt broke(dead cuz' of a broken core) and now my display isn't giving me any signal :(

I tried both a Geforce 2 MX and a Geforce ti 4400 and no signal :-/ The display works though when I connect it to my laptop!

So the display isn't broken, but could it be my mobo? My keyboard lits up when I power up my system, but the harddrive sound keeps buzzing and the hd led stays lit. The other USB devices stays un-powered....

The fan on my ti4400 works also(the card doesn't have any other power source than the mobo) and when I connected one of my fans to the mobo it worked. So maybe it isn't a mobo fault after all? Maybe it's the cpu or somethin', but wouldn't I get a picture even if the processor was broken?

This can't just be my luck again :(:(

These are the things that I've tried so far(without success I might add):

1)Different video cards (Geforce 2 & 4)
2)Checking that everything is properly connected
3)Cleared system CMOS
4)Tried both VGA and DVI
5)Tried both agp&pci
6)Connected the display to my laptop(worked)
7)Well, this is where you guys come in! :)

Please be kind enough to spare my problem a minute or so; I've already had my share of bad luck :(,

Toss3

jAkUp
08-21-05, 05:44 PM
It could actually be CPU/MEM/Mobo.

If I had to take a guess, I think your Mobo may be dead, since its unlikely that a CPU or memory fail before the motherboard.

Try your memory sticks one at a time...

Toss3
08-21-05, 06:19 PM
It could actually be CPU/MEM/Mobo.

If I had to take a guess, I think your Mobo may be dead, since its unlikely that a CPU or memory fail before the motherboard.

Try your memory sticks one at a time...

Well, I just tried my ti4400 again and I got a picture, then I tried the geforce 2 in a different pci slot and I got a picture, then I tried it in the first pci slot and I got a picture! Then when I was happy and thought that it was all over and I put everything back, guess what happens? NO PICTURE!

Arghhhhh, still can't figure out what's wrong! :(

EDIT: I got a picture now, with both cards running and the BIOS set to PCI/AGP... Now I get a blank screen when I should come into windows :( Could this be due to the fact that I've got two cards running at the same time?

EDIT nr.2: I got into windows at least when I removed the ti4400, but the driver seems to think that it's running from the wrong pci slot; the resolution is very low! So I'll try he first pci slot again and if that won't work I'll just put it into the other one again :)

Wohoo! Success!!! Got into windows and everything is back to normal!!! :D Thanks for the reply Jakup, you lucky man with a good girl and a good computer; could a man need more? :D I'm still missing the second part(a good computer), but that'll come in time :)