PDA

View Full Version : question about rthdribl and sli

JeRi
08-22-05, 06:04 PM
hey all, i just finished installing a zalman vf700cu on my second 6600gt in my sli rig and i've already seen over a 10 degree drop in temps...however, i'm trying to run rthdribl to burn it in a little, but it seems like it's only using my first card, as temps are only rising with the first. the second one just seems to idle and only rise like 1-2 degrees, which is probably because of the rise in temp of the first one. so my question is does rthdribl use SLI, or does it only work with the first card? or am i doing something wrong with my configuration? i have SLI enabled, overclocked at 550/1100 and i'm using the 71.89 drivers. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blacklash
08-22-05, 06:36 PM
Having SLi enabled is not enough. You need a profile for it. Find the executable and create a SLi profile for it:

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_appprofile_howto1.html

JeRi
08-22-05, 08:11 PM
ok, then that might be it...thanks for the info. you can tell i'm a noob when it comes to SLI :D

JeRi
08-22-05, 08:18 PM
worked like a charm. many thanks malficar

Blacklash
08-22-05, 08:26 PM
worked like a charm. many thanks malficar

Np. I am learning on the go myself.

SignorSalad
10-25-05, 08:23 PM
does anyone have a working (one that actually helps performance?) profile for rthdribl and SLI or have any suggestions for one. After much trial and error and a few hard crashes I managed to finally get a working profile with nHancer using AFR and some compatibility bits on. However, the performance using SLI is MUCH worse than with a single card. At higher resolutions performance slows to a crawl with SLI enabled. After that I tried to tweak a little more to see if I could get something that actually improved performance, but wound up hard crashing again, the last time corrupting my nvapps.xml file. So I lost that profile.

But I'm curious to see if anyone's actually seen a performance increase in rthdribl with SLI.

Redeemed
10-25-05, 08:49 PM
What is rthdrible??? Is this a game or a benchmark?

SignorSalad
10-25-05, 09:04 PM
What is rthdrible??? Is this a game or a benchmark?

its a DX9 High Dynamic Range demo, and a very cool one at that:

http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/

Redeemed
10-25-05, 10:04 PM
Oh, thanks. I actually already have it- I think. Believe I got it on a CD somewhere... have to look and see.