PDA

View Full Version : Ready 2 go postal on Nividia

Dust
08-23-05, 11:36 AM
I have a GForce MX 4000 and it works fine in XP, but here is the problem:

I installed 98 on an old hard driver 2 play games, and the card will not work!!
When windows loads I get an error "unable to run 'NvCpl.dll' some of the library files needed are missing"

I have spent 2 days on the phone with support and they can't find the problem, I have reinstalled windows twice and even reformated the drive. I have tried to get it to work with Win98 and with 2nd edition, but I get the same error.

If the card is really Win98 compatible (like it claims to be), why the hell am I having this problem????????????

Plz HELP :confused: :(

skoprowski
08-23-05, 11:49 AM
Did you at least apply all the updates to Win 98se? like installing the lastest version of Direct X?

Acid Rain
08-23-05, 11:54 AM
You need to use the correct drivers. I've never had an MX of any type, and haven't used Win9X for years, but I do know it's supported, granted you use the appropriate drivers (http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp).

anti_mike
08-23-05, 11:57 AM
I have a GForce MX 4000 and it works fine in XP, but here is the problem:

I installed 98 on an old hard driver 2 play games, and the card will not work!!
When windows loads I get an error "unable to run 'NvCpl.dll' some of the library files needed are missing"

I have spent 2 days on the phone with support and they can't find the problem, I have reinstalled windows twice and even reformated the drive. I have tried to get it to work with Win98 and with 2nd edition, but I get the same error.

If the card is really Win98 compatible (like it claims to be), why the hell am I having this problem????????????

have you thought about installing the games on XP and running them as WIN98 within XP? if you right click the file and go to properties then on the compatibility tab, you can run it as win95 and up.

hope this helps :D.

saturnotaku
08-23-05, 12:08 PM

Are you installing the proper Windows 98/ME drivers? NVIDIA releases one set for 2000/XP and another for 98/ME. Recently I've tried both a GeForce3 and an FX 5700 in 98SE and had no problems using the latest set (77.72).