PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault

Nv40
08-23-05, 05:46 PM
THis game looks very cool.. never played the original but after seeing this, i will need to look again for it..

http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/dawnofwar/Warhammer%2040,000:%20Dawn%20of%20War%20-%20Winter%20Assault/1/winterassault_082305/1a.jpg

crainger
08-23-05, 08:25 PM
I loved the original, pretty slick RTS. Has the bonus of being set in the rich Warhammer universe too.

$n][pErMan
08-23-05, 08:36 PM
That looks tight.

Roadhog
08-23-05, 08:49 PM
oooh, that looks bad ass. We always play Warhammer 40K DOW at the lan parties.

jolle
08-23-05, 09:28 PM
I always tend to loose, we play alot of DoW on our LANs, hopefully Winter Assault comes out before then next LAN.
But its a great RTS, not too much focus on the base, and you cant really build up a "self managing" base defence, which is good cause you will need your men there to defend it, if need be.
The turrets arent all that powerful, but they provide good backup for your defending troops.
Its mainly about the battle, and you tends to value your squads a bit more then you do the units in most RTSes, since it can be refilled with Marines.

Lfctony
08-24-05, 09:33 AM
I used to play DOW a lot when it first came out, had a pretty good run as well, 90% of games won, had around 70 games IIRC. Then stats were wiped and we never really got back into it. 3v3 games were so much fun.We played mostly those because smaller games tended to finish very quickly, we wanted full scale conflicts. :) Can't wait for WA.

Tygerwoody
08-24-05, 09:45 AM
I think its just me, but i didn't think Warhammer 40k was that good of a a game.... sorry

Q
08-24-05, 01:34 PM
I guess the fans of the game didn't have the damn stutter issue, then... Ruins the game for a lot of people. Its been an issue for over a year and Relic and THQ have thier ears plugged. There are tons of threads about it on the Relic forums, some over 20 pages long.

I'd hate to lay down the cash for WA and still have a broken game!

Aside from the technical issue, the game was very enjoyable. However, the issue just sucked the life out of the game for me...

Rampant CL
08-27-05, 02:47 AM
Thats a shame about the stuttering issue, but i think its rare than it seems. DOW is just so much fun at Lans, i cant get over it. This should be more interesting, because the new army is basically a pure shooting army from what ive read. Should be good!

superklye
08-27-05, 03:46 AM
yeah, I just saw the preview for this in my latest PCGamer. Looks awesome. I only played the orignal for a little bit, but it was a LOT of fun. And I LOVE Winter-based areas.

Marcos
08-29-05, 03:35 PM
Waripoff 40,000 The Frozen throne...