PDA

View Full Version : China Nerf's Online Gamers

Pages : [1] 2 3

jAkUp
08-24-05, 05:55 PM
http://www.interfax.cn/showfeature.asp?aid=4913

Shanghai. August 23. INTERFAX-CHINA - The Chinese Government unveiled a new system Tuesday to prevent individuals from playing online games for more than three consecutive hours, which must be installed for every online game in the country.

brady
08-24-05, 06:14 PM
:eek:

vampireuk
08-24-05, 06:23 PM
Bye bye farmers :D

Ninjaman09
08-24-05, 06:27 PM
Hooray for communism! Woo!

aAv7
08-24-05, 06:29 PM
:wtf:

$n][pErMan
08-24-05, 06:40 PM
Haha .. well .. when your country sucks ... things like this happen! Communism baby! LoL!! :lol:

CaptNKILL
08-24-05, 07:20 PM
I smell a civil war... :D

Scorpiuscat
08-24-05, 07:22 PM
Wow all that over one death....kind of overkill isnt it?

ChrisRay
08-24-05, 07:24 PM
Thats hilarious. But man it sucks for chinese. I'd kill myself.

npras42
08-24-05, 07:41 PM
I think its pretty reasonable if what they say is true. I havent read a lot of articles about this but the ones I have read seem to make out that there are A LOT of people in China and other Far Eastern countries playing games for insane lengths of time.

There may have only been a handful of serious incidents up to now, but even if there aren't any serious incidents, its not healthy to play games that much. I mean a lot of you guys have kids here. Would you think its healthy for them to play on WoW for 20 hours straight?

If the problem is widespread and parents/guardians/friends/(anyone who cares) of gamers are not handling the situation and stopping them, I think its reasonable to stop them gaming for so long by force.

jAkUp
08-24-05, 07:46 PM
I wonder how long it will be to find a hack around that :D

CaptNKILL
08-24-05, 08:03 PM
I wonder how long it will be to find a hack around that :D
Heh, they would probably have their door broken down and be shot on the spot if they were caught... go China! :o

Edge
08-24-05, 08:32 PM
Hooray for communism! Woo!
Don't laugh, the same thing will probably happen in America too at this rate. Just look at all the buzz Jack Thompson has made about something as stupid as an extremely simplistic-looking minigame. If someone died while playing a videogame over here, I can just imagine some places passing bans on videogames :rolleyes:

Acid Rain
08-24-05, 08:54 PM
Thats hilarious. But man it sucks for chinese. I'd kill myself.I think that's what they're afraid of. ;)

Don't laugh, the same thing will probably happen in America too at this rate. Just look at all the buzz Jack Thompson has made about something as stupid as an extremely simplistic-looking minigame. If someone died while playing a videogame over here, I can just imagine some places passing bans on videogames :rolleyes:100% agreement.

Rakeesh
08-24-05, 09:17 PM
Don't laugh, the same thing will probably happen in America too at this rate. Just look at all the buzz Jack Thompson has made about something as stupid as an extremely simplistic-looking minigame. If someone died while playing a videogame over here, I can just imagine some places passing bans on videogames :rolleyes:

Hmm...I don't think so. I mean think about it, people are still allowed to go on very long drinking binges and speak favorably about terrorism here, and I would figure those two would be worse on the overall health of the society.

That considered though, I think it would be quite ironic if this would somehow end up with video games triggering another rebellion in china.

ST:DS9
08-24-05, 09:26 PM
Hmm...I don't think so. I mean think about it, people are still allowed to go on very long drinking binges and speak favorably about terrorism here, and I would figure those two would be worse on the overall health of the society.

That considered though, I think it would be quite ironic if this would somehow end up with video games triggering another rebellion in china.

lol, that would be ironic.

j0j081
08-24-05, 09:36 PM
this is too crazy! thought it was a joke.

Ninja Prime
08-24-05, 10:30 PM
I think its pretty reasonable if what they say is true. I havent read a lot of articles about this but the ones I have read seem to make out that there are A LOT of people in China and other Far Eastern countries playing games for insane lengths of time.

There may have only been a handful of serious incidents up to now, but even if there aren't any serious incidents, its not healthy to play games that much. I mean a lot of you guys have kids here. Would you think its healthy for them to play on WoW for 20 hours straight?

If the problem is widespread and parents/guardians/friends/(anyone who cares) of gamers are not handling the situation and stopping them, I think its reasonable to stop them gaming for so long by force.

Coughcommiecough.

demonized
08-24-05, 11:41 PM
Bye bye farmers :D

lol, they'll just take a 5min break then go back online:)
damn farmers in L2 needs to go away.

jolle
08-25-05, 03:25 AM
Seems to be the only part of the world were people die from gaming too long.
man they really seem like a tenacios people over there, atleast some of them.

kev13dd
08-25-05, 03:43 AM

Nah there aren't enough people that play video games to lead a successful one. It's more the type of situation where your mom takes away your games. You are pissed off, and you yell, but eventually you find books to read while cursing her under your breath :D

K

npras42
08-25-05, 04:56 AM
Coughcommiecough.

Lol. I guess so...

Its just that we have restrictions on sales of certain games to different age groups. Another restriction on how long people play these games is not so different. If it was the Australians that had come up with this idea, in response to someone playing to death in an interenet cafe there, then no-one would think it has anything to do with communism. It would just be the strict Conservative laws of Australia.

(I'm not sure why I used Australia as an example, I've been watching Lost.)

Elderblaze
08-25-05, 01:42 PM
Commie indeed, holy shiznit batman. There's a huge differnce between telling a child that he can't buy X rated material, or Extremly Violent material, and telling an Adult that his 3 gaming hours are up. What the hell is wrong with you.

Regards
Mike

npras42
08-25-05, 02:13 PM
Okay that was a bad example. But I don't think you see the problem as a problem. Its not America where people playing these games for insane lengths of time are small in number. There are large numbers of people across Korea and China etc who are playing games for unhealthy periods of time. If trying to stop them playing by reason is not working, then force is often required.

Personally, I would be much happier if smoking was banned. Its the same thing really, but of course the game-playing is on a much smaller scale. The only reason I can think of why smoking has not yet been banned in most countries is because the govt. makes more money from the tax than they spend on healthcare for the repercussions OR it would lead to large-scale unemployment, failing of businesses etc. Limiting gaming would have no serious side-effects other than take away some precious 'freedom' that no-one has anyway.

We're not allowed to take drugs because it is highly addictive and bad for your health. Online gaming has shown to also be highly addictive and hence bad for your health. What's the problem?

Vagrant Zero
08-25-05, 02:20 PM
We're not allowed to take drugs because it is highly addictive and bad for your health. Online gaming has shown to also be highly addictive and hence bad for your health. What's the problem?

To be perfectly frank that's bull****. Drugs are illegal because alot of people turn into raged homicidial maniacs while under thier influecene. That or they become criminally negligent, oh let my drive my Bus while I'm ****-faced. People in their natural state are already raged homicidial maniacs and criminally negligent, the added stimulation to their stupid center just makes things worse.

Now with that said I believe I'm perfectly within my rights to do damage to myself, even so far as to commit suicide. As long as it doesn't physically hurt another person, it's not their concern. If these people want to play games to their deaths let them, it'll just be 1 less idiot in the world.