PDA

View Full Version : 6800 GT Darkness Problem

Jord@n
08-25-05, 11:02 AM
I have had my 6800GT for approximately a month and a half now. Ever since I have gotten it the brightness/gamma has been very low. The desktop, and pictures on the web are low but viewable (barely). And videos are extremely dark so much that I can barely see them. If I turn up the gamma and/or brightness it seems to work mostly fine but I am sure there has got to be a solution that doesn't involve this. I did some research and apparently the drivers are bad and also it said to change the settings to 'All'. I downloaded new drivers and changed the settings to all but it still is very dark. Although it did fix my shadowing problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and sorry if it has been posted before I tried to find it.

Thank you,

Jordan :)

Toss3
08-25-05, 05:23 PM
I don't know if this will work but you could always give it a go :) : go to your 6800gt tab in advanced video settings -> then click "color correction" and choose advanced -> then press "default settings" !
You could also try messing with digital vibration and that kind of stuff...

F_L_C
08-25-05, 06:08 PM
The gamma bug in the 77.72 drivers actually made people using overlay for video stuff too bright, not too dark. The desktop and full screen 3D should'nt have been affected at all. This problem was fixed with later builds.

Anyways, the first place to start with your darkness problem is your display. Max out the brightness/contrast and all RGB color intensity levels (if your monitor allows you to tweak this). If things are still too dark, then the only other option is your brightness/gamma settings in the NV CP. I'm guessing your display might be going bad. Or you got a bad card (unlikely w/ this type of problem, but possible).

BTW, use this site to test for proper brightness levels:

http://www.displaycalibration.com/brightness_contrast.html

rohit
08-25-05, 06:25 PM
I think, theres some problem on your LCD/CRT monitor?
If possible test another VGA with this monitor, or check your card on some other system.

My friend had a similar problem with fx5600, in his case, its cause was moisture getting collected inside the monitor.so he gave it for repairs, but It died 2 months after the it was repaired.

j0j081
08-25-05, 09:45 PM
I think, theres some problem on your LCD/CRT monitor?
If possible test another VGA with this monitor, or check your card on some other system.

My friend had a similar problem with fx5600, in his case, its cause was moisture getting collected inside the monitor.so he gave it for repairs, but It died 2 months after the it was repaired.
I agree. Maybe he's even using a bad color profile for the monitor.

Jord@n
08-26-05, 10:16 AM
If I change the brightness/gamma in the advanced Video Card options it looks fine. But it pisses me off that it can't just work like every other video card I've had and use default settings or occasionally a little brightness ++ for games.

I'll try a different monitor tonight.

BTW Specs on System:

AMD Athon 64 3500+
ASUS A8 -Sli
6800GT Vid Card
1 Gig Ram