PDA

View Full Version : Die Wavemaster Die!

keith33
08-25-05, 05:08 PM
Well I've allocated a little too much in my PC budget for this quarter, I have $500 CDN (about $375 US) to make my computer cooler and that much sexier. I've grown sick and tired of the Coolermaster Wavemaster heat issues, it gets hotter than a German bakery in there at times, also I think my OCZ Modstream is on it's last legs and would like something rock solid to handle a dual core and maybe a second 7800GTX. Ventilation and stability are first priority, but I also want it to look hot lol. Recommendations for a new case and power supply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all! (See sig for rig)

EDIT: 2nd option is sell my FX-55 and go to a 4800+, would that be a better idea?

GlowStick
08-25-05, 06:37 PM
Hm, my self I love the Lian Li V series, however they have a limited number of fans.

This TT case is very flashy and also has good stories from its owners

http://www.thermaltake.com/xasercase/kandalf/swa/va9000swa.htm

Sidric
08-27-05, 08:46 PM
Cooler Master Stacker--

Cooling-Check
Looks-Check
Compatibility-Check
Ready for the Future-Check
Wheels :D -Check
Killing your back everytime you go to a LAN-Priceless ;)

keith33
08-27-05, 09:01 PM
Cooler Master Stacker--

Cooling-Check
Looks-Check
Compatibility-Check
Ready for the Future-Check
Wheels :D -Check
Killing your back everytime you go to a LAN-Priceless ;)

You sound like a Stacker owner :p, will it fit on a medium sized desk? I don't go to a lot of LAN parties anymore with school and such so breaking my back carrying it isn't such a big deal. And I guess my e-penis would enlarge a little when I can say "ha my case is bigger than yours"

Sidric
08-27-05, 09:26 PM
You sound like a Stacker owner :p, will it fit on a medium sized desk? I don't go to a lot of LAN parties anymore with school and such so breaking my back carrying it isn't such a big deal. And I guess my e-penis would enlarge a little when I can say "ha my case is bigger than yours"

I think its got a fairly small footprint, so as long as you have enough clearance, you should be able to put it on your desk. Mine sits to the right of my desk on the floor, complete with lockable wheels :D . As for the enlargement of said appendage, well I've had my Stacker for a couple months now, and I still get comments from friends about how huge it is, heh.

Dazz
08-28-05, 11:10 AM
Funny you should say the Kandalf case it is great in all but not the best the best is the CM Stacker RC-830 can't say no to 8 120mm fans in your case :D Think wind turnnel!!!

http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/1add58463fe8f7c2a5403ad668896713.jpg
http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/8fa9a0ab82a624bfad7f3c2eab72fe77.jpg

Superfly
08-28-05, 11:18 AM
^^ - lol

ANY case, even a 19.99 case would be s**t hot with that many 120mm fans.

im surprised the wavemaster is as bad as you say.............

keith33
08-28-05, 12:02 PM
The wavemaster was a case designed to look good, after about two weeks you'll realize not thought whatsoever was put into the airflow model. But that Stacker 830 is AWESOME, where can I buy one? I'm not even joking, I want that case! :p

ViN86
08-29-05, 11:40 AM
heh if youre lookin to sell that fx-55, let me know ;)

ricercar
08-30-05, 04:57 AM
The Stacker is a fine case for hot machines.

Coolermaster is on my BEWARE list for cases ever since I bought a Coolermaster ATC 220 with a light-up lexan front door. It looked fantastic, but the cooling was unbelievably crappy. The ATC 220 made me dive into watercooling as soon as I ran a rig for a day.

I am greatful that you warned me away from the WaveMaster. I had been tempted to get the blue enameled version, but now ... hmm, what color is yours and how much you want for it?