PDA

View Full Version : Multi-monitor spanning

xNikk
08-26-05, 03:06 AM
Hi, I'm new to these forums, and am really hoping someone here can help me.

I have two video cards in my system and three monitors. One Nvidia 6800 Ultra (AGP) and another Nvida TNT2 (PCI).

On the 6800 I have two displays connected, and one display on the TNT2.

What I was wondering, was this: Is there ANY way for me to span across all three displays?

The TNT2 is a crappy card, so I dont expect to be doing anything graphically intensive, but I would like to span video across all three displays, maybe even some games if the TNT2 can handle it.

The only thing I have been able to do is span the two displays connected to the 6800 and dual view with the TNT2 display

If anyone can help, or direct me to some where that can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
-xNikk

ricercar
08-27-05, 06:52 AM
The only thing I have been able to do is span the two displays connected to the 6800 and dual view with the TNT2 display
This is the best you can do with NVIDIA GPU architecture. You cannot span across different GPUs. Only nView works to combine multiple GPUs.

I have read someone claim that his dual-GPU Quadro NVS 280 could "span" across four displays, but the claimant disappeared before he was able to demonstrate anything to my satisfaction. I think he was mistakenly seeing nView but calling it spanning.