PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 6800 and Everquest

dixontj
08-26-05, 10:08 AM
I recently purchased a Dell 9300 (1.86 GHz M-Series processor, 512mg ram) with the GeForce 6800 graphics card. Everything runs wonderfully, except for Everquest (classic, not EQII). I can log in and see everything, I can even enable advanced things like shadows and memory intensive models, but the performance is terrible. Itís not even laggy, itís like the system is running 5-10x slower. When I sit down to camp, for instance, the 5 second tick-offs take about 20 seconds apiece. I have tried all screen resolutions and check for driver issues. Iím at witís end. Any suggestions?

|MaguS|
08-26-05, 10:30 AM
Yeah your stressing your PC, especially with the amount of ram you have. Even the old EQ can put a hurt on current high end PCs. Get more Ram if you want to play with shadows and new models.

dixontj
08-26-05, 11:44 AM
It's not stressing the CPU at all. The CPU meter nevers geta above 65%. Most of the time it's around 5%. This is a pretty fast little machine. The issue is the fact that time is so slow. Everything moves like it's in molassas and the five secodn ticker is at 15 or 20, not 5. Nothing changes no matter how many things I disable on the video side: shadows, models, screen size, color depth. I am thinking that there is some setting I'm not getting that is putting the thing into slow motion.

My old computer, a P3 with 32 MB of video RAM is able to run much much much faster than this one - so I know something's not right.

Graphicmaniac
08-26-05, 12:01 PM
at sony somebody should really hate the number 6xxx ehe

NightFire
08-26-05, 12:10 PM
Maybe you could try reinstalling the game?