PDA

View Full Version : Modders have xbox 360s already

overheat
08-27-05, 09:33 AM
http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEkVEuupVAhBWJPUsL.php

LiquidX
08-27-05, 10:04 AM
I guess some will be able to mod there 360 on day one but I have to wonder how those guys got there hands on those. And I kind of like that black over the toilet white and its ironic but that silver on the third one is the only time I have seen the 360 actually look like the official pics.

Superfly
08-27-05, 10:58 AM
still think it looks ghey

stncttr908
08-27-05, 11:23 AM
It could look like a pile of dog crap, but if the games are great I'll get one.

Knot3D
08-27-05, 02:04 PM
I see and can play on such Xbox360 dev kits about every day at work office.
Overall, the casing seems a tiny bit less sturdy than Xbox 1's.

When our programmers call it a day, they're obliged to not forget to switch off power to the Xbox360 dev kit becuz these are not yet surge protected like final retail consoles ; yes, they're a bit prone to catch fire when short circuited. :eek:

retsam
08-27-05, 03:08 PM
It could look like a pile of dog crap, but if the games are great I'll get one. thats how i feel ... i think ill be getting one on launch day just for the hell of it...

When our programmers call it a day, they're obliged to not forget to switch off power to the Xbox360 dev kit becuz these are not yet surge protected like final retail consoles ; yes, they're a bit prone to catch fire when short circuited. :eek:

wow isnt that the same problem they had with xb1?

Rakeesh
08-27-05, 04:49 PM
No, the first revisions of xbox had a problem where the receptacle for the power cable was attached using a weak solder mount, and repeated insertions and removals can cause it to come loose, which may result a short which will fry the xbox (microsoft to this day denies it, their fix isn't really a fix at all, but rather an added circuit breaker that trips if a short occurs, which still leaves your xbox dead, it just prevents a fire in this case.)

These ones just sound like the power supplies wont protect the hardware very well if theres a spike. (caused by e.g. your AC turning off, causing a sudden increase in available power to the unit) Things like electric motors and light bulbs can handle this fine, but integrated circuits will break rather easily if not protected against it.