PDA

View Full Version : *another cooling question!!!*

mx125race
08-27-05, 11:17 AM
this is probably my final question (hopefully) ok, well now that i got everything settled in, and a couple hundred dollars, i was thinking about better cooling for my pc, and something quiet :)...i wish my computer was home built but its a dell, lol. so i have about $200. what should i buy to make my computer quiter and cooler. my specs are:

nothing overclocked
Dell Dimension 4600(obviously upgraded)
intel p4 @ 3.06ghz
RAM:
DIMM1+3: Micron Tech. pc2700 2x512mb
DIMM2+4: Corsair pc3200 2x512mb -- new
AGP: PNY GeForce 6600 256mb---new
PSU: Antec TruePower SL400w v1.3 --new

i was thinking about a new case for better airflow, so i wouldn't hear all that constant air moving in and out. and some fans to place inside to cool the hardware, especially the RAM more. im not really too interested in water cooling. there a little vibrating noise that i hear which i think is from my psu vibrating, or a bad fan. the cover over my processor to pull the hot air from it out of the computer clicks sometimes, too. buttheres no screws to tighten or anything. so can u guys recommend some stuff to make my computer quiter and cooler?

thanks!

Superfly
08-27-05, 11:24 AM
I'd only add more fans if you need them - ie if your temps are already too high.

otherwise its pointless extra noise.

marqmajere
08-27-05, 11:25 AM
A new case and some fans would be a good choice. What cpu cooler do you have?

watever
08-27-05, 04:11 PM
you would probably need to do some serious modding if ur gonna change the case of ur dell. as far as i know, dell makes it pretty hard for people to upgrade the parts for their comp unless they plan to go for dell parts. a dell motherboard only works with a dell case since they have special connections for the power button and such.