PDA

View Full Version : BEst PS3 game from the E3 show.. ? :)

Nv40
08-28-05, 01:12 AM
Just saw Recently the full E3 PS3conference (im on 56k)..
I was surprised by the the MAny Games thats looks fantastic.. and that KIllzone wasnt the best game there.. ( whetherprerendered or not).

Here is my TOP list...

1)MotorSTorm..
2)Warhawk
3)Heavinly Sword
4)KillZone
5)Devil MayCry4 ?
6)Tekken ?

After seeing those games ,i really dont think i will need to play another one for a long time Too much fun.. inmho i migh believe Killzone2 might end to be possible in realtime.. after all it have more or less the same level of Gears of wars in the xbox360 , but im not sure about MotorStorm Thats freaking awesome the ammount of physics in that game and the quality of the graphics in their megahuge enviroments.. Im not a fan of racing cars..actually find them boring .. but this one looks like will be set a new standar for the word FUN! for the future to come.. I will buy the PS3 for that game alone.. :) will be awesome if possible to play that game in LAN with friends.. inmho too good to be true

Warhawk awesome too.. i hope this one plays like HALO/Starwars game like people were saying..

Heaving Sword.. Really Stunning.. that one looks possible in next generation PC games in high end system . but never have seen a game like that.. look like an RPG version of Dead or alive4 ,but were you can also fight in first person,thirdperson and later as an rpg. really im really glad playstation3 exist otherwise we will be playing 500,000 WWII /games ,QUakes and counterstrikes. style games forever if we were to play FPS games.. in PC or xbox

leca
08-28-05, 02:19 AM
The bath demo >* :cool:

Edge
08-28-05, 02:30 AM
I'd say Warhawk. I was a big fan of the PS1 game, and I'm glad they're bringing it back. I just hope they focus on the flying instead of putting in a bunch of random on-foot missions for "variety", that's what practically killed Rogue Squadren 3 and Star Fox Assault.

And Killzone 2 and Heavenly Sword weren't exactly impressive showings since they weren't running in realtime.

Nv40
08-28-05, 02:58 AM
I'd say Warhawk. I was a big fan of the PS1 game, and I'm glad they're bringing it back. I just hope they focus on the flying instead of putting in a bunch of random on-foot missions for "variety", that's what practically killed Rogue Squadren 3 and Star Fox Assault.

And Killzone 2 and Heavenly Sword weren't exactly impressive showings since they weren't running in realtime.

well Killzone2 have been confirmed that was pre-rendered to the specs of the PS3. using the ammount of textures /polys the console can handle. So the game might end virtually the same as the trailer. But never heard anything of pre-rendered about heavinly sword.. that game looks entirely possilbe in any highend PC today.. inmho. althought the game looks beautifull the graphics.

Final Fantasy XIII was definitiverly a CG movie.. perhaps a cutscene.. that huge city intro have enough polys to make 10 killzone2 games.. :D but will love to be wrong here. :) and final fantasy vii wasnt a game but a ps3 tech demo ,wasnt impresive at all.. the duck on the bath was very cool but that wasnt a real game just a techdemo . :)

Knot3D
08-28-05, 07:36 AM
TGS is most likely to premiere MGS4 ingame footage. Now THAT's what I'm looking forward to.

Mr Kojima's tagline for MGS4 is 'nowhere to hide'. That was more or less his elaboration/ hinting for gameplay innovation in MGS4.

I hope Konami will allocate a large portion of processing power to AI to create a truly challenging stealth game.

MUYA
08-28-05, 07:52 AM
F1?

Bad_Boy
08-28-05, 10:48 AM
my favs..

motorstorm*
fight night round 3
tekken *
heavenly sword
mobile suit gundam
killzone*
eyetoy (the cups thing was pretty sweet, ive personally never seen that done before)
molina/spiderman/GT demo (not a game but it did look amazing also)

*note: (real or not, that **** looked amazing)

kinda off topic...
but does anyone feel that ninja gaiden 2 might be coming to the ps3 or multiconsole? tecmo recently announced support for the ps3, they also said it was in the works i beleive but didnt comment if it was for xbox360.

TGS is most likely to premiere MGS4 ingame footage. Now THAT's what I'm looking forward to.

you and me both brother :angel:

H3avyM3tal
08-28-05, 11:37 AM
I don't know about you, but that red-headed chick from hs is nice...

Fighting Spirit
08-28-05, 11:50 AM
Looking forward to the PS3 myself and by the games we have seen woow it totaly blows the next box out of the water...
Killzone 2 yaeh that game surely slaughter Gears Of War for the 360 and I believe that the game will look easaly as good ..as Sony said themself is that the final tech will have no problem running all those games in realtime couse it gonna look even better and this time they will go all the way to make MS look bad so the PS3 gonna eat 360 for breakfast haha!

Edge
08-28-05, 03:27 PM
well Killzone2 have been confirmed that was pre-rendered to the specs of the PS3. using the ammount of textures /polys the console can handle. So the game might end virtually the same as the trailer. But never heard anything of pre-rendered about heavinly sword.. that game looks entirely possilbe in any highend PC today.. inmho. althought the game looks beautifull the graphics.
No, it wasn't "to the specs of" the PS3, it was actually the engine and art assets for the game running on the PS3, but with an attrocious framerate and then sped up to look like it was running smoothly and in real time (the same was done to Heavenly Sword, from what I hear). Basically, the game was running on the PS3, but only at around 5FPS. So to get it running in real-time, they'll either have to make enough optimisations that it will run 6 times as fast as their current build does, or reduce graphic quality substantially. And that's not taking into account that other aspects such as AI, physics, sound, and everything else would put a strain on the system.

Killzone 2 yaeh that game surely slaughter Gears Of War for the 360 and I believe that the game will look easaly as good ..as Sony said themself is that the final tech will have no problem running all those games in realtime
Wow, so SONY said that their console was powerful enough to run a bunch of pre-rendered scenes in real-time? Oh ok, I guess what a company says about their own console constitutes as proof now. Hey, Microsoft said the Xbox 360 is more powerful than the PS3...I guess they must be right, since obviously everything these companies say MUST be true!

Nv40
08-28-05, 06:47 PM
No, it wasn't "to the specs of" the PS3, it was actually the engine and art assets for the game running on the PS3, but with an attrocious framerate and then sped up to look like it was running smoothly and in real time (the same was done to Heavenly Sword, from what I hear). Basically, the game was running on the PS3, but only at around 5FPS. So to get it running in real-time, they'll either have to make enough optimisations that it will run 6 times as fast as their current build does, or reduce graphic quality substantially. And that's not taking into account that other aspects such as AI, physics, sound, and everything else would put a strain on the system.

You just need to remember that SONy encouraged developers to push higher than their beta developer kits could do ,since the console will be alot more faster. for example Geforce6800 ultra in sli were used intead of the RSX which is even more powerfull than the G70 and this one was very close or faster than 6800SLI . But also IS very likely that developers were using a SINGLE CPu out of the Seven!!! that the PS3 will have.. THis is the case with UNreal3 engine demo according wih Epic.. since 2 months is too short time to showcase a techdemo ,even less an optimized game that shows the full capabilities of a console,in hardware they never worked before.

If you compare the early PS2 games with the latest PS2 games you will notice a significant improvement in the quality of the graphics in the later ones. It can takes years to master and optimize a game engine to take full advantage of the capabilities of a console. I dont think the graphics/performance of early techdemos in betakits ,should be taken as the final word of what will be representative or not of the console capabilities. I dont expect to see the full potential of the PS3 until at least 2 or 3 years after the first round of games are released. As Sony represantive told.. things can only go better from here. :)

Knot3D
08-29-05, 07:17 AM
Well, all companies can't afford it anymore for the game potential of about 80 % to take 2 years.

Fighting Spirit
08-29-05, 12:40 PM

Wow, so SONY said that their console was powerful enough to run a bunch of pre-rendered scenes in real-time? Oh ok, I guess what a company says about their own console constitutes as proof now. Hey, Microsoft said the Xbox 360 is more powerful than the PS3...I guess they must be right, since obviously everything these companies say MUST be true!

Absolutely..everything Sony says is true but everything M$ says is BS haha