PDA

View Full Version : Help installing these speakers...

Kapp
12-25-02, 07:00 PM
I got the Logitech Z680's for xmas. Holy **** what a speaker system. Anyway I needed some help installing them. I want to connect them to my Audigy (1) digitally. I know it has a digital outlet but I have heard that Audigy doesn't support the optical in? Right now I have my speakers set up with only 2 out of the 5 working because im using analog, and still the sound is amazing. What is the best way to connect these bad boys digitally? With a coax wire.. or something? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

pelly
12-25-02, 09:29 PM
Use a fiber-optic cable to connect through the SPDIF on the sound card/speakers...

I'm currently testing with these and have set them up with this config with great success...

If only they could find a way to rid that damn idle-hissing...

:D

Kapp
12-25-02, 09:35 PM
The hissing can be annoying.. But its not real loud with my setup. I am not able to use an optic cable because it doesn't support a SB Audiy one, only platinum and 2. So I think I need a coxial cable or something like that. :D

Smokey
12-26-02, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by pelly
Use a fiber-optic cable to connect through the SPDIF on the sound card/speakers...

I'm currently testing with these and have set them up with this config with great success...

If only they could find a way to rid that damn idle-hissing...

To get rid of idle hissing, I deselected CD audio in audio properties.

pelly
12-26-02, 10:13 AM
That makes no difference with my setup...In fact, I can mute EVERY channel......including the main volume and the hiss is still there....Logitech claims this is a normal characteristic of high-power speakers and that this can be solved by moving the speakers further away from you when listening to them... :rolleyes:

Smokey
12-27-02, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by pelly
That makes no difference with my setup...In fact, I can mute EVERY channel......including the main volume and the hiss is still there....Logitech claims this is a normal characteristic of high-power speakers and that this can be solved by moving the speakers further away from you when listening to them... :rolleyes:

oh ok, must be all that power then, sort of like the humming noise power lines make then i guess ;)

volt
12-27-02, 06:19 PM
use your other thread.