PDA

View Full Version : GTA 1 for PC lags

extreme4377
08-30-05, 08:12 PM
I dont know why but GTA, yes the very first one, lags like crazy on my machine. I played around with the resolutions and no luck. Out of all games, I wouldnt expect this game to lag! Any help? thanks

GamerGuyX
08-30-05, 11:00 PM
I dont know why but GTA, yes the very first one, lags like crazy on my machine. I played around with the resolutions and no luck. Out of all games, I wouldnt expect this game to lag! Any help? thanks

That happened to me the last time I tried to play the original Ghost Recon. Didn't keep it installed long enough to try and find a fix though...

EDIT: I was referring to my current PC when talking about Ghost Recon. Just wanted to make sure that was clear.

extreme4377
08-30-05, 11:39 PM
Well, like I said, out of all games I would think that GTA would run flawlessly and on my machine, even better. I know I dont have a top notch system but I would rate it about a 6 or 6.5. Video could be better, a lot better, and proc and mobo could be better but overall its not to shabby.

Anyways, anyone have any ideas? The gameplay stutters a lot and is not smooth at all!

Nitz Walsh
09-01-05, 01:44 PM
Welcome to GTA3. Seriously, you're not alone and the remedies are not that apparent (obviously) although making sure your HD where GTA is installed is defragged well can help as it's constantly streaming data. You might also want to try playing with your AGP aperture size in the BIOS, although that can affect other games negatively.

This was a large complaint against GTA3 when it came out on the PC- some had horrible stuttering, others had very little to none, and CPU/GPU power made little difference apparently. Are you playing with the frame rate limiter on? 30fps sucks I know, but the game was designed to be played that way and turning off the frame limiter makes it go wonky on some systems.

Vice City and San Andreas are much, much better in this regard.

Lfctony
09-01-05, 03:48 PM
He's talking about GTA1. Really old game. It should run perfectly.

GamerGuyX
09-01-05, 03:58 PM
He's talking about GTA1. Really old game. It should run perfectly.

Yeah for those of you that don't know what GTA 1 looks like this is it:

http://1.im.cz/n/photo/00/73/48qxuxf-original.jpg

It should run perfectly on just about any PC. I'm mean it came out for PS1 for crying out loud!

extreme4377
09-01-05, 04:42 PM
Ya, I found one other thread on the internet about my same problem. Its a WINXP thing. It runs fine on older OS's but XP doesnt play nice. all well I guess. Thanks guys

Nitz Walsh
09-02-05, 04:36 PM
Whoops, GTA-1 - yes that is indeed an oldie. :eek: