PDA

View Full Version : EA/Dice cracking down BF2 clans who pad their stats

rudedog
08-31-05, 07:21 AM
One of my moderators who runs a GSP with ranked BF2 servers has just posted this on my site

This just in from EA:
Quote:
We have noticed an increase in behavior where leased servers are being used by clans solely to pad players stats, even to the extent where clans are institutionalizing rules that forbid normal play. Currently the favored method is for player admins to set rules where players must use either a knife or Pistol, players must revive each other, and players must not take flags. This creates environments where players gain stats unrealistically and creates an imbalance in the ranked server playing field. In our opinion, these players are breaking EA's Terms of Service, and we have begun taking action on the clans involved. However, clan coordination to this extreme requires us to create a long-term solution for this (separate from any scoring changes in 1.03).

As a group, Ranked Partners included, we need to work together to aggressively crack down on any server that is found to be promoting stats exploiting in order to maintain the integrity of the stats system.

The following steps will be taken each time we locate a server exploiting through enforced admin rules:

1. Customer support will strip the stats from those caught on the server at the time of discovery and anyone sharing a clan tag with the offenders that seem to have any anomalous stats.

2. We will contact the Trusted Partner who has leased the instance in question to the offending clan and request that the clan is immediately moved over to a non-Ranked server. This clan should not be given an opportunity to lease another Ranked Server from said partner or any other trusted partner, as they have too many avenues of coordinating exploitative actions.

3. If said clan continues to have access to a Ranked server, we will be removing the IP of offending server from the validated list shortly after contacting the Ranked Partner connected with them.

EA is considering publishing a list of the clans who are found to be padding their stats in this manner. I suspect that GUID banning wont be far behind.

Feel free to reply (http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9889) with questions, as a trusted partner, i will see that they make it back to EA reps for a reply.

BioHazZarD
08-31-05, 08:42 AM
Good job EA thats so lame.

Vik1dk
08-31-05, 09:46 AM
Could be fun joining a server like that and just C4 their asses

jAkUp
08-31-05, 10:07 AM
Sweet! Awesome :D Maybe there is hope for EA after all :p

CaptNKILL
08-31-05, 10:42 AM
Some of those scores are totaly rediculous... people are around 100,000 points already. And those are probably legit. I kind of wish they had multiple "ladders" rather than one huge one with n00bs all the way up to the guys who are insanely good and have been playing non stop since the game came out.

I just hit 2,000 not too long ago... I really dont have that much time to put into the game.

$n][pErMan
08-31-05, 06:22 PM
I only get to play maybe once a day for like an hour ... im at about 6,000 points now (and I ussually score in the top 3). Unless these people who have above 50,000 have no lives and are dying where they play.... no one should have over that in a legit way :p Finally EA is doing something to stop this lameness.