PDA

View Full Version : Turion vs. Dothan

Alaa
08-31-05, 09:27 AM
http://www.laptoplogic.com/resources/articles/42/1/1/

Turion is a winner!

Superfly
08-31-05, 02:48 PM
about time AMD had a decent Mobile CPU - remember though that Dothan is about to be replaced - thus making this thread rather pointless.

Now a comparison between Turion and Intels new and up-comming core - thats more like it - I mean come on mate - just look at the difference in supported instruction sets!!!

hardly a FAIR fight IMHO.

Superfly
08-31-05, 02:50 PM
also - just noticed that the 3.7% difference in HL2 @ nearly 80FPS is gonna make fook all difference anyways: Quote

Turion only wins by 3.7%. However, with both benchmarks, the FPS is already so high that a fps higher will not make a difference in your gaming experience.

Another quote regarding battery life (rather important in the mobile market):

As expected, the Turion ML-37 loses to the Dothan 760. Dothanís power optimized architecture allows it to be significantly more efficient under heavy, consistent load. With a 36.9% longer battery life

- I expect Intel will bury the turion in 2006.

Game set and match-ski.

jAkUp
08-31-05, 02:54 PM
Yea I was reading that earlier today... but man look at the battery life! The turion gets stomped when under 100% stress.

Alaa
08-31-05, 03:44 PM
dont blame me! i didnt produce any of these processors! just copied the final result

tristancarton
08-31-05, 03:47 PM
jakup you have to remember that they are using the 35w version turion (ml series) and not the 25w series turion.(mt series) even then though i expect it would still lose.

also that is at 100 percent load which is probably bad for gamers but okay for other people because the turion 35w wins the idle which is what most people do when they have laptops.(word processing, internet, email, etc)

i do expect intel to womp amd in the mobile area next year with the 65nm yonah.