PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 supports mouse and keyboard

Nv40
09-01-05, 06:09 AM
Now this is really good news.. :D

http://the-inquirer.com/?article=25858

I know is the Inquirer. :rolleyes: lately its credibility is questionable.
But it comes from the game developer conference in europe aparently from SOny. Some PS3 games could be played using a keyboard and mouse.. eg.. UnrealT2007 is one of them ..just like PC games :)

Now give me a cell clocked to 4ghz with with a 256bit bus RSX chip , the ability to to plug any PC hardisk and to later upgrade to a recordable blu-ray drive and we will have a console made in heaven. :D

|MaguS|
09-01-05, 06:31 AM
They have already stated that they hope to have OSes running on the PS3 so its only natural for the system to support mice and keyboards. It does have USB ports aswell (PS2 supported them aswell).

muaddib
09-01-05, 07:00 AM
Good news. I thought I would give up on Killzone 2 because the lack of M&K.

|MaguS|
09-01-05, 07:03 AM
You mean Killzone 3. ;)

Nv40
09-01-05, 08:25 AM
They have already stated that they hope to have OSes running on the PS3 so its only natural for the system to support mice and keyboards. It does have USB ports aswell (PS2 supported them aswell).

With SOny and Microsoft nothing is natural.. THere have been big changes here and there.. in next gen consoles .already covered in the painfull threads..So its dificult to be updated lately with the console wars with rumours.. and Official info is somewhat better than a hope dont you think? ;)

Toss3
09-01-05, 09:19 AM
Uuh this is nice! This is very good news, cuz' I hate playing FPS games with controllers!! Halo2 is one of 'em...

|MaguS|
09-01-05, 09:41 AM
I wonder if all the console haters will shut up now? Now hopefully they can play all the great console games with a mouse and keyboard support (if all games will support it out of the box).

slick
09-01-05, 04:56 PM
I wonder if all the console haters will shut up now? Now hopefully they can play all the great console games with a mouse and keyboard support (if all games will support it out of the box).

Even if they don't come compatible out of the box, people will make adapters. Take the Max Shooter for example. Works miracles for FPS's on the Xbox (and PS2), especially on Live. Sniper rifles in H2 are tools of immenent death with that.