PDA

View Full Version : Bet on Soldier Demo [Link Fixed]

Pages : [1] 2

JaylumX
09-01-05, 06:42 PM
Grab it from here lads. Currently doing 360kb/s

Linkage (http://mirrors-av.club-internet.fr/pub/games/nofrag/betonsoldiers/demos/Bos_SP_Demo_Setup.exe)

File is 540mb :eek: ....this demo better be fooking long.

EDIT: Fixed

overheat
09-01-05, 06:43 PM
link do not work

SH64
09-01-05, 06:45 PM
Yeah linky no worky :(

overheat
09-01-05, 06:47 PM
sorry you had to edit ;) ^^^ lol

jAkUp
09-01-05, 06:49 PM
I fixed it.

SH64
09-01-05, 06:50 PM
sorry you had to edit ;) ^^^ lol

Oh !! .. NOW you're talking ! ;)

overheat
09-01-05, 06:57 PM
thx jakup

faraday
09-01-05, 07:05 PM
Hows the demo??

anzak
09-01-05, 07:19 PM
Thanks jakup. Downloading now.

JaylumX
09-01-05, 07:57 PM
Fecking ****e game. Gave me the same BSOD as the Starship Troopers demo including the high-pitched whine. :thumbdwn: :mad:

overheat
09-01-05, 07:59 PM
The game is not bad......pretty linear, graphics are ok.

CaptNKILL
09-01-05, 09:01 PM
Fecking ****e game. Gave me the same BSOD as the Starship Troopers demo including the high-pitched whine. :thumbdwn: :mad:
Maybe somethings wrong with your setup? :o

LiquidX
09-01-05, 09:02 PM
It seems ok if not very dated and I am not sure if its my settings but may game is very "bling-bling".

shaker718
09-01-05, 09:36 PM
just saw the screenies for this game, looks butt ugly if you ask me. I'll pass

JaylumX
09-01-05, 09:56 PM
Maybe somethings wrong with your setup? :o

There is nothing wrong with my setup. I have never had a BSOD on my rig before and more so never that i sort of BSOD. For the time i played the game, its crap. What a waste of bandwidth.

brady
09-01-05, 09:57 PM
I don't think it looks that bad. Kinda like it.

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4491/untitled5gq.jpg

SH64
09-01-05, 10:12 PM
What a coincidence!!
Bet On Soldier, from Digital Jesters, is using the AGEIA PhysX SDK and will ship with hardware optimized features. For instance, the Gas Launcher weapon will be used interactively to “shoot” acid, hallucinogen gas grenades and incendiary “flame” grenades. It is obviously the capacity of the AGEIA PhysX to manage the fluids in real time, which makes the Gas Launcher so interesting and impressive.
http://www.gdhardware.com/interviews/agiea/fall05/003.htm

OWA
09-02-05, 03:14 PM
I thought it looked pretty good. The one thing I didn't like was having to go through all the configuration steps just to play. I wish they'd have an auto-assign or arranged groups or whatever for picking the shield, weapons, etc.

npras42
09-02-05, 04:47 PM
That screenshot looks okay. Much better than any of those Starship Troopers screens in the other thread. Whats the gameplay like... other than linear... to be honest I can do linear. There are a lot of good FPS games that are very linear. In fact I'd say most.

[AK]Zip
09-02-05, 09:14 PM

Same thing happens here. I even tried a brand new install of windows. :thumbdwn: I have the same mombo and sound card you have. Are you running the beta sound drivers or the ones off of the CD? I can't think of anything else it can be. I have never gotten BSOD's until this game.

-Alex-

ClosetFanBoy
09-03-05, 12:27 AM
strange i couldnt get this to run uless i installed the driect x 9c that came with it. was getting some d3d.dll errors, so i went to ms's site and got 9c - no good, used this one, all good, and suddenly my onboard sound decided to work, bizarre. seems like it might be fun tho.

SH64
09-04-05, 01:09 PM

I'm having the same prob & i have found the reason!!!
its the freakin' SB Audigy 2 ZS. if i disable it & run the onboard sound i get no probs!
notice that you , me & [AK]Zip all share the same sound card. its definitely the reason behind this & maybe even some other games.

the question now is how to fix it ?? i cant run the onboard all the time.
i used the new OpenAL drivers aswell .. did nothin'

we all use SLI mobos too .. wonder if thats has to do something with it by any means hmm ..

[AK]Zip
09-04-05, 03:18 PM
I'm having the same prob & i have found the reason!!!
its the freakin' SB Audigy 2 ZS. if i disable it & run the onboard sound i get no probs!
notice that you , me & [AK]Zip all share the same sound card. its definitely the reason behind this & maybe even some other games.

the question now is how to fix it ?? i cant run the onboard all the time.
i used the new OpenAL drivers aswell .. did nothin'

we all use SLI mobos too .. wonder if thats has to do something with it by any means hmm ..

Well I thought it was the sound card so I decided to run a few tests. I needed to reinstall my computer so I did a few tests. I tried the beta driver, the stock driver on cd, and the stock driver patched with the newest patch. It still crashed no matter what. I updated bios on the board, and tried both new and old drivers for that. Still crashed. I made my emu 0404 sound card the #1 card and still crashed. I completely removed the AZ2 and the problem seemed to have gone away. I thought maybe it was conflicting the 2 sound cards for some reason so I went ahead and removed the emu0404 and put the AZ2 back in. It crashed. I did not try putting the sound car in different pci slots, but this game is defiantly not worth it. I think it has something to do with the AZ2 and the sli board or AZ2 and the nforce 4 system all together. It can't be the sound card because yesterday I tested this demo at a friends house on his P4 and there were no problems he was running a AZ2 sound card.

-Alex-

SH64
09-04-05, 03:38 PM
Yeah my other P4 PC which has 2ZS too didnt show any trouble , but the driver version was different there.
i must say i had the same issue (high pitched noise with BSOD) since i bought my SLI PC .. it was so random that i couldent verify it till now.
it happened in other games like FarCry & SC:CT .. so i have to find a fix for it & this game is my only place to test since other games dont show it clrealy.

SH64
09-04-05, 04:58 PM
Hey AK do you have WinXP SP2 installed ??
EDIT : nevermind i tried SP2 & the problem is still there.