PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Drivers for new OSX-x86 Platform?

JerryG
09-02-05, 10:40 AM
Hey several of us developers are sizing up the new OSX port to x86. The kits are very limited on the driver front.

Has anyone heard about or found an Nvidia driver solution that allows for full function graphics under OSX? Any adaptation of Linux, SuSE Nvidia drivers?

Not having a driver for 6 or 7 series cards, OSX loads a generic driver that doesn't support more advanced functions like drop shadows, vector graphics, etc. OSX 'sees' that the card is an Nvidia chip but doesn't load a full function driver.

Grazie for any information or thoughts on solution.

saturnotaku
09-02-05, 10:52 AM
You're kidding, right?

Don't think NVIDIA's going to be releasing drivers for a currently unofficial, pirated operating system.

LBJM
09-02-05, 03:43 PM
You're kidding, right?

Don't think NVIDIA's going to be releasing drivers for a currently unofficial, pirated operating system.

they've released drivers for longhorn, before anyone had access to it.

Lyme
09-04-05, 01:40 PM

It is official (as it has been announced by Apple).
And not everyone is using a pirated version (Apple has sent development systems out to some developers).

I am sure nVidia will release drivers for the x86 osx when it is in more of a open beta mode or such, but not before then.

|MaguS|
09-04-05, 02:39 PM
If Apple has sent a copy to developers then Im sure they recieved the neccesary drivers to run it, so if your here asking for one... I dout you retained it legally.

LBJM, Longhorn was in Beta Test. You just needed to have an MSDN Account.

Lyme
09-04-05, 07:04 PM
I imagine it does have the correct drivers included, however sometimes the ones just included don't include all the wizbangs that the generic driver will.

Not that I know for sure (as I don't have either the legit or pirated x86 osx) nor intend to get it for that matter.