PDA

View Full Version : Machine Check Exception BSOD

kam03
09-02-05, 06:07 PM
I just installed Starship Troopers Demo. I have set all settings inc audio+EAX on max. I play the game and after 30 secs or so while shooting the system suddenly freezes with a continues peep noise then the BSOD with the message Machine_Check_Exception.

This is the only time ive got a BSOD in a game. I play CS:S, BF2.... and no BSOD.

Any one have any idea why i get this BSOD?

thanks

JaylumX
09-02-05, 07:25 PM
All i can say is i get it as well. The only way to combat this is a) disable EAX and put sound on low quality, b)don't continously shoot things.

kam03
09-02-05, 07:50 PM
All i can say is i get it as well. The only way to combat this is a) disable EAX and put sound on low quality, b)don't continously shoot things.

Damn that game sucks then, poor coding.

Mr_LoL
09-03-05, 01:31 PM
I just installed Starship Troopers Demo. I have set all settings inc audio+EAX on max. I play the game and after 30 secs or so while shooting the system suddenly freezes with a continues peep noise then the BSOD with the message Machine_Check_Exception.

This is the only time ive got a BSOD in a game. I play CS:S, BF2.... and no BSOD.

Any one have any idea why i get this BSOD?

thanks
Try installing the new creative soundcard drivers. worked for me

kam03
09-03-05, 02:04 PM
Try installing the new creative soundcard drivers. worked for me

I can only see one set of drivers which are BETA. Are those the ones you are using now?