PDA

View Full Version : Bottle neck?!

lil Sleepy
09-03-05, 01:01 AM
Is it true if your scores on AM3, if your scores of the CPU and the GPU are kinda same then my PC is a bottle neck?! EX: CPU 8563 & GPU 8467.......And what can i do to make my PC NOT a bottle neck

lil Sleepy
09-03-05, 01:10 AM
overclock your processor :)

OOO cool :afro: how do you do that?....and to what settings?

GamerGuyX
09-03-05, 01:13 AM
OOO cool :afro: how do you do that?....and to what settings?

OMG. (omg)

lil Sleepy
09-03-05, 01:16 AM
OMG. (omg)

aye mann you cant blame me im new to this cuh :mad: so WHAT IM A NOOB WE ALL WERE NOOBS

GamerGuyX
09-03-05, 01:57 AM
aye mann you cant blame me im new to this cuh :mad: so WHAT IM A NOOB WE ALL WERE NOOBS

I think its nap time for you. http://www.rage3d.com/board/images/smilies/laugh.gif

JaylumX
09-03-05, 03:28 AM
If the scores are the same for CPU and GPU it generally means that they are ballanced. If one is higher than the other, it means the lower number [CPU or GPU] has to wait thus bottleneck.

Acid Rain
09-03-05, 05:58 AM
OOO cool :afro: how do you do that?....and to what settings?I recommend you don't right now. Learn more, read around, do some google searches on it, read your mainboard manual for bios info and such, then, maybe then, you can go about it. Aquamark thinks it's balanced though, so if you play a lot of Aquamark you're set:p. Every game is different, though. For instance UT 2k4 loves a fast CPU with a decent graphics card, Doom 3 demands a fast graphics card with a decent CPU.

Do you like the game perfomance at image quality settings you enjoy? If so, play the games and don't worry about overclocking your components.

I'd give ocing info, but I really don't want to spend an hour posting. :D Come back when you've learned a bit more, if you really want to oc.