PDA

View Full Version : So I Just Joined IGN Insider...

GamerGuyX
09-04-05, 02:52 AM
... and now I want to know why I wasted my money on this. Thank god I only paid for 1 months worth. For some reason I remember complaining that IGN Insiders get all this cool stuff that non-memers don't. Now that I'm an actual member I just see a bunch of stuff that other websites offer for free. Ooh what a minute...wow now I can read articles about what goes on in an average Japanese gamer's life! (ack)

Anways thats it. Just felt like complaining. :angel:

jAkUp
09-04-05, 02:57 AM
Well, don't you get fast downloads when big games are released? Like fileplanet?

GamerGuyX
09-04-05, 03:01 AM
Well, don't you get fast downloads when big games are released? Like fileplanet?

I have no idea. (dot)

EDIT: Nope doesn't seem like it.

THESE (http://img2.uploadimages.net/771206cheap.PNG) are the benfits to being an IGN Insider. :rolleyes:

I really should of checked that page beforehand. :D

Muppet
09-04-05, 05:15 AM
I've always thought those site were a waste of money, generally with a little time and some searching you can find what you want

|MaguS|
09-04-05, 06:37 AM
I got founders club so its basically everything IGN has to offer.

Spliffstarr
09-04-05, 06:47 AM
Yeash getting a ign account is a total waste of money. You should just have got a founders club membership. Atleast with that you get fast downloads and access to beta versions of games. I guess the good part of all this is atleast you only got a one month membership...

Lfctony
09-04-05, 07:57 AM
I got the 2 year Founders on Fileplanet, free game, fast downloads, betas etc(also 3D Gamers and IGN Insider). Don't regret it at all.

SH64
09-04-05, 08:50 AM
What did you pay for 1 month subscription ?

stncttr908
09-04-05, 09:13 AM
What did you pay for 1 month subscription ?
$2-much.

Mr. Hunt
09-04-05, 10:53 AM
Yeah a few months ago I finally went the devils way and did a 1 year founders club subscription. Glad I did though... 60 bucks for a whole year and I get to download anything I want on fileplanet without having to wait in line, I get into those betas/closed demoes, I get to download high res videos from IGN.

They even gave me a free year subscription to 4 magazines (more now though I think).

stncttr908
09-04-05, 10:58 AM
I just can't bring myself to pay for demos and other information that I can obtain for free.

Mr. Hunt
09-04-05, 11:00 AM
I know... I used to feel that way too... but I paid 5 bucks a month and don't have to go around everywhere to find stuff... I just go to fileplanet or ign and I can find it there.

MrSavoy
09-04-05, 11:59 AM
I paid 20 bucks a few months ago for a GS complete membership the day BF2 demo launched. I dont regret it, it was 20 bucks for a whole year. It doesn't offer a ton of stuff but for 20 bucks its cool I guess.

$n][pErMan
09-04-05, 12:37 PM
Id never waste money on that crap... expecially when I still remember perfectly when all of that was 100% free. I ussually find faster mirrors without lines or I just download it late at night when there is no line. I also still have FTP access to fileplanet from my old planethalflife site so if I really cared too I could just FTP fileplanet and look around to download it. I waste enough money on useless crap... don't need to start wasting it on something that should be for free :) Keep in mind.. these guys were getting plenty of money from advertisers in the first place.

GlowStick
09-04-05, 01:18 PM
IGN and gamespy are alll crap, the only file service that i will pay for is Shacknews/Fileshack. They are ran by dedicated gamers, not people looking to get rich by monopolizing the market with filecrap only betas and demos. They just offer a hella fast, clean website that very very useable free. Small amount of ads, real gamers view on games, not PR bs.

anzak
09-04-05, 01:27 PM
Gamershell. No waiting, fast servers, and best of all its free. I normally get around 200-300kbs from their central america server and thats fast for my connection.

|MaguS|
09-04-05, 01:31 PM
Gamershell is slow for me plus I hate them and their community. They claim to not supported Piracy but even a mod on their forum a) admitted to downloaded games and b) allowed talk about leaked beta software.

Place sickens me...

FierceDeityLink
09-04-05, 01:46 PM
Gamespot Complete was nice during E3 (rather than waiting for GameTrailers.com or trying to find my way through IGN), but now I only use it for downloading demos and updates...

nutcrackr
09-04-05, 07:39 PM
I subsribed to filerplanet a few times just to get betas. In all the times I had it I got the T:V beta which was ok, the FEAR MP beta which was ordinary and Dungeon Siege 2 beta which I didn't like. Most of the time when I went to download something there would be no wait time so I haven't resuscribed, the other free websites offer as good service. If there was another mega beta I might subscribe again.

stncttr908
09-05-05, 09:40 AM
I loved 3DGamers until it was bought by IGN and turned into a ****storm of ads and other assorted junk.

Banko
09-05-05, 08:51 PM
IGN and gamespy are alll crap, the only file service that i will pay for is Shacknews/Fileshack. They are ran by dedicated gamers, not people looking to get rich by monopolizing the market with filecrap only betas and demos. They just offer a hella fast, clean website that very very useable free. Small amount of ads, real gamers view on games, not PR bs.
I agree, I signed up for fileshack the best thing I've ever done. They have a server right in Chicago so I actually hit my 10megabit speed.

GlowStick
09-05-05, 09:23 PM
I agree, I signed up for fileshack the best thing I've ever done. They have a server right in Chicago so I actually hit my 10megabit speed.
Wow, i allways used their chicago server, however i only wished i had 10mbit speeds!! But they allways maxed me out :)

Rakeesh
09-05-05, 09:40 PM
I think both IGN and Gamespy are gay. Gamespy worst of all as that site tends to be full of idjits (even the staff use idjit speak regularly.) Gamespy is like videogames meet MTV, and MTV is only entertaining if your 12 or if your favorite past times involve crack IMO.

Best download site? Filefront. No registration, no lines, fast as hell (520kbyte/sec is my average speed there.)

de><ta
10-07-05, 07:45 PM
I have no idea. (dot)

EDIT: Nope doesn't seem like it.

THESE (http://img2.uploadimages.net/771206cheap.PNG) are the benfits to being an IGN Insider. :rolleyes:

I really should of checked that page beforehand. :D

Cool you get more then 12000 icons to use! :eek:

MustangSVT
10-08-05, 08:23 PM
I'm not a fan of any of these sites, FilePlanet, IGN Insider, GameSpot Complete etc.

IMO, the best is FileFront. It's free now and doesn't need registration. VERY, VERY FAST servers too and I can always get the stuff on first day without waiting in line. Ok so maybe for BF2 server I had to wait in line for 5 minutes, but who cares, I mean it's 5 minutes, and it's still free.