PDA

View Full Version : Minervia: Metastasis Episode One - Half Life 2 SP Mod

anzak
09-04-05, 10:10 AM
Two billion people died, and I did nothing.

I am the music in your head which compels you to kill. I am the cause for which you will die.

I am a thorn in the side of the oppressors. I am a dagger piercing the heart of an angel: blood spilt which destroys all that it touches.

I am the stain which can never be cleansed: proof of a guilt which can never be forgiven. My body is broken, my mind is in pain: tended by machines which predate all of your fears.

Two billion people died, and I did nothing.

But never again!

This mod is so well done. Its maps easily rival those seen in Half Life 2 and the music is even better. Its got a dark cryptic feel as you move deeper into the island. The music and pace is just perfect, its never interrupted by loading. Apparently the mod is being released in episodes, much like SiN Episodes.

Since the mod uses almost all of the resources in half life 2, the download size is only 14mb.

http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/phosphenes.shtml

Mr. Hunt
09-04-05, 10:56 AM
Cool... I like that quote... most of the times mods have some REALLY crappy stories/writing :\.

Lazaredz
09-04-05, 11:57 AM
Excellent run!! Highly suggested.

top3koms
09-04-05, 01:15 PM
A whole lot of fun to play.Thanks for the link anzak.

GlowStick
09-04-05, 02:04 PM
Pritty fun, defiantly worth the small 14MB download. Lots of action!!!

Mudcrutch
09-04-05, 02:50 PM
wow thanks a ton... i always enjoy buying games (hl2) with great mod potential..

Saintster
09-05-05, 01:25 AM
Awesome!! That was the first hl2 mod I've played I really enjoyed it thanks for the link. I liked that as much as I liked certain parts of hl 2 I'll be looking for more on this one!

WCG
09-07-05, 09:36 PM
Its maps easily rival those seen in Half Life 2 and the music is even better.

It's 1 map notice no loading times :D... it's quite an achievment and is awesome really. He should be working at Valve, I suspect it won't be long.

Rakeesh
09-08-05, 01:06 AM
It's 1 map notice no loading times :D... it's quite an achievment and is awesome really. He should be working at Valve, I suspect it won't be long.

Well, the map is a bit smaller than it feels when you play it. But that is an excellent way to design a map. Good mod indeed, has a storyline that makes you want to keep going.

Most of the time while playing HL2, the individual goals in the game are kinda mundane. Makes you repeatedly think to yourself "now why am I doing this again? did I miss something in the storyline or were the last four levels really all for the same goal?" and not to mention that you can never figure out why the hell you are even in city 17 to begin with, or even a single hint as to what your ultimate goal in the game might be.

This one is different though, it more resembles HL1. Only in this case, you are trying to figure out what the hell the combine are doing on that island, and little details are revealed as you go along in order to make it stay interesting. Outstanding musical scores that fit well with the game as well. I look forward to the sequels.

Ninjaman09
09-08-05, 08:37 AM
This was really neat, thanks for the link, I doubt I'd have seen it otherwise!